D-Link A/NZ has launched its new Omna Wire-Free Indoor/Outdoor Surveillance Kit (DCS-2802KT) "to meet the ever-increasing need for around-the-clock, smart home monitoring".
The company says its new solution brings "smart surveillance to all areas" while offering "a number of exciting new features".
A short list of these features includes the promise of "significantly extended battery life thanks to powerful lithium batteries, the ability to record locally or to the cloud" along with a complimentary 12-month subscription to the mydlink Cloud recording service for up to 5 cameras, with free cloud options also existing.
"There are no wires to run, and with high-power, rechargeable batteries powering each weather and dust-resistant camera, you’ll never have to worry about running ugly network cabling throughout your home, or be restricted to installing cameras close to a power outlet again.
"It also sports advanced features including Full HD 1080p video capture, combined with options to record footage to a locally connected microSD Card or USB Hard Drive, or to the mydlink cloud recording service, as well as crisp and clear two-way audio. In short Omna Wire-Free provides homes or businesses an easy choice to step up to the next level of smart surveillance solutions.”
So, what's inside the box?
We're told that "the Omna Wire-Free Surveillance Kit is a bundle consisting of two DCS-2800LH Wire-Free Camera’s and a DCS-H100 Wi-Fi Hub and is ideal for all home or small business surveillance applications".
"The DCS-2800LH is a compact wireless network battery camera suitable for day-time and night-time, indoor or outdoor, environments. It features built-in night vision giving you clear images in complete darkness up to 7.5 metres away thanks to its clever, built-in infrared LED’s, advanced motion detection capabilities, as well as two-way audio so that you can converse clearly."
The product's web page has a detailed explanation of all the features, but one that strikes me as particular useful is the new PIR Motion Detection, which D-Link says lets you "detect movement when a heat source like the human body passes by" and which is said to be "ideal for highly accurate motion detection even in complete darkness."
As you'd expect in a modern connected system, the Omna Wire-Free Surveillance Kit also supports both "Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant to make your smart home even more intuitive and effective.
"Using the mydlink Skill for Alexa, you can view live feeds from an Omna Wire-Free camera on the screen of the Amazon Echo Show. With a simple voice command, ask Alexa to simply ‘Show me the front door camera,’ or ‘Show me the backyard’, and anywhere else the Omna Wire-Free camera has been placed, which eliminates the need to navigate the accompanying mydlink app at all."
"The Omna Wire-Free cameras are designed to be compact and unobtrusive, so they can fit into any decor, no matter where you place them. With magnetic mounts provided for each camera, as well as a separate mounting arm, you can literally put the Omna Wire-Free cameras almost anywhere, indoors or out.
"The Omna Wire-Free Surveillance Kit also comes with the free mydlink mobile app to install the devices, control your cameras, set up schedules or event triggers, view live or saved video footage in Full High Definition video, and be alerted to all your notifications - so you can feel at ease whenever you’re away from home.
"Despite its compact size, the DCS-H100 Wi-Fi Hub has ports that allow you to record snapshots and video clips to a microSD card, external USB Hard Drive, or to the cloud via the mydlink Cloud Recording service.
"With a complimentary 12-month Premium subscription that’s usually US$49.99 (see below for full details of D-Link cloud recording subscriptions), you can have peace of mind with automated storage of your video recordings to the mydlink Cloud service, supporting more than 5 million users globally.
"You can also play back recordings in the cloud or download video clips to your mobile device from anywhere, anytime, through the Internet."
Here are the mydlink cloud recording options, from free to paid subscriptions with pricing details as follows:
- Video clip recording period: Rolling 24-hours
- Number of Supported Cameras: Up to 3 Cameras
- Monthly Fee: $0
- Annual Fee: $0
- Video clip recording period: 7-days
- Number of Supported Cameras: Up to 3 Cameras
- Monthly Fee: US $2.49
- Annual Fee: US $24.99
- Video clip recording period: 14-days
- Number of Supported Cameras: Up to 5 Cameras
- Monthly Fee: US $4.99
- Annual Fee: US $49.99
- Video clip recording period: 30-days
- Number of Supported Cameras: Up to 10 Cameras
- Monthly Fee: US $9.99
- Annual Fee: US $99.99
Availability and Pricing:
The new Omna Wire-Free Surveillance Kit (DCS-2802KT) is available now from D-Link Australia at A$799.95 and at all authorised D-Link resellers and retailers.
A review will be forthcoming.
Three videos and specs are below:
Here is D-Link's official video:
Here's the official set-up video:
Here's a video review I found on YouTube:
- 100% Wire-Free Lithium battery powered cameras
- 1080p Full HD - See snapshots and videos in high-resolution clarity, and get closer with the 4x digital zoom
- Built-in rechargeable Lithium batteries providing months of use on a single charge.
- 135-degree Full HD resolution video recording at 24 fps
- Certified IP65 weatherproof for indoor or outdoor installation.
- Advanced adjustable PIR motion detection system
- Receive real-time notifications and remotely view live Full HD 1080p video with 2-way audio
- Complimentary 12 month Premium mydlink cloud recording subscription
- Night vision captures up to 7.5m clear video in complete darkness
- Video Recording - Record to a microSD card (128GB max size supported, card not included in package), USB hard drive, your phone, or the cloud and view from anywhere.
- Smart Home Compatible - Works with mydlink, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and IFTTT compatible
- View and record from up to 4 cameras at the same time through the included mydlink app
- Built-in 100 dB Siren - Set the built-in siren to sound when motion is detected.