The TabPro S (US site) is the company’s recognition that Windows 10 is for serious productivity and content creation.
Its ‘Surface like’ design allows it to be carried comfortably all day for Windows 10 powerful productivity on-the-go together with the latest Intel Core M processor. It also features as standard (part of the price) a full-size keyboard and touchpad, and a flexible hinge that enables optimal, dual-angle viewing for the clearest display in any circumstances.
It is also the first Windows tablet to offer the superior viewing experience of Samsung’s Super AMOLED Display, on a 12” Full HD Plus screen, and features a fast charging capability for up to 10.5 hours of battery life. The Galaxy TabPro S is also compatible with a multiport adapter and Bluetooth Pen.
The specifications are interesting.
- 12” Super AMOLED 2160 x 1440 display
- 4GB RAM and 128/256GB SSD (no mention of microSD slot)
- 4G LTE Cat4 and GPS option
- Wi-FI dual band and MIMO AC, Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Di (no mention of video out)
- 5200mAh fast charge (2.5hr) battery (and with AMOLED screen should give long use)
- Skylake 6 Generation Dual Core M processor 2.2GHz
- Rear Camera – 5MP autofocus, Front camera 5MP
- 290.3 x 1988 x 6.3mm and 696g
- USB-C (and multiport adaptor option)
- Bluetooth pen (actrie stylus) option
And more Gear S2 variations
The Gear S2 classic smartwatch gets two new unique colour variants - Platinum and Rose Gold. It also benefits from collaborations with world-renowned watch strap designers such as Alessandro Mendini and Colombo. In addition to Samsung has created stunning new watch faces featuring artwork from Keith Haring, Jean-Michael Basquiat, Jeremyville and Burton Morris.
The Gear S2 will also offer secure mobile payments through Samsung Pay, available in the U.S. in 2016, and is expanding its compatibility to devices running on iOS, to extend accessibility for an even wider range of mobile users.
Samsung also announced the availability of new apps from SmartThings, Uber, Yelp, eBay, CNN, Voxer and more – for both the Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic.