The mesh system incorporates smart roaming technology that enables any device to connect to the strongest signal as the user moves through their home. In addition, the base unit includes 2 Gb Ethernet ports for high-speed wired connectivity.
D-Link ANZ managing director Graeme Reardon said, "The COVR-2202 perfectly complements our existing mesh networking solution, and with its Dedicated Smart Backhaul feature, High-Powered amplifiers and beautiful design, the COVR-2202 blankets AC2200 Wi-Fi across even the very largest of homes. Offering Tri-Band connectivity to deliver high performance and more coverage with one seamless network, the COVR-2202 fits the needs of the modern connected home, offering our fastest speeds with the largest coverage of our Mesh Wi-Fi solutions to date."
In a move away from the standard "ugly IT box", the system features "warm and contemporary designs to suit the décor of any home".
Both the COVR-2202 and the previous COVR-CC1203 have the following features:
- MU-MIMO Technology which efficiently handles large groups of concurrent users.
- Smart Roaming keeps devices connected to the strongest signal so users can move freely throughout their home and always stay covered.
- Smart Steering automatically directs a device to the optimum wireless band for reduced buffering and lag.
- Easy set-up with the refreshed D-Link Wi-Fi app allowing for simple management of the Mesh network.
- Firmware update push notifications which always keep the Covr System up to date.
- Three-year limited warranty includes D-Link's industry-leading customer service as well as 24/7 telephone support.
• COVR-2202 Tri-Band Seamless Wi-Fi System – A$499.95, NZ$549.00
• COVR-C1203 Dual-Band Seamless Wi-Fi System – A$399.95, NZ$449.00
iTWire is awaiting delivery of a review system and will provide a report once the evaluation is completed.