Software AG is bringing process intelligence to its webMethods BPMS customers. This new product offers business users the opportunity to create dashboards using webMethods BPMS data quickly and easily without any programming skills. Employees can use strategic dashboards to make better-informed decisions more quickly.
On a tactical level, process owners can now automatically discover and aggregate historical process paths to analyse probabilities and performance indicators. Improvement initiatives can now focus on the most heavily used process patterns. Process attributes like costs, quality measures, cycle times, and error rates are displayed and analysed over time to identify and eliminate process deficiencies. Process benchmarking capabilities help spot and roll out best-practice processes across the organisation. The connection between employees and process execution can be revealed using organisational analysis to optimise team and collaboration structures and ease change management.
'Process intelligence (PI) will become the mainstay of organisations that want to maximise business operations by getting the very best results from the processes,' noted Jim Sinur, Research Vice President, Gartner.
The advantages of Process Intelligence for webMethods BPMS include:
- Business dashboards to provide an integrated view of internal and external key performance indicators using mashup technology
- Automated process discovery to identify operational process structures without any manual modelling
- Interactive process analysis to understand historical processes patterns and discover and improve weak points in a process
- Process benchmarking to identify and roll out best-practice processes
- Organisational analysis to predict the impact of organisational and/or IT restructuring
"Software AG's webMethods customers will gain powerful functionality with the combination of existing BPMS features and the new capabilities added by process intelligence,' said Dr. Wolfram Jost, Chief Technology Officer and member of the Executive Board. 'This powerful combination ensures that businesses can continually improve their processes and gain valuable organisational efficiencies."
For more information about process intelligence, please visit Software AG's special process intelligence website: www.process-intelligence.com