PLANO, Texas, October 17, 2011 - Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced the latest release of its Tecnomatix® software, the world's leading digital manufacturing solution, with a focus on helping companies make smarter decisions that lead to the production of better products. Enhancements in Tecnomatix 10 address a wide variety of manufacturing engineering disciplines across the comprehensive software portfolio and power manufacturing productivity for companies of all sizes.
'Today's increasingly competitive global manufacturing industry combined with the current international economic environment, has companies looking for new and innovative ways to boost productivity, cut costs and increase quality,' said Ziyon Amram, vice president, Digital Manufacturing Solutions, Siemens PLM Software. 'The broad range of enhancements across the entire portfolio of Tecnomatix 10, are aimed at meeting today's manufacturing challenges - today. We believe that digital manufacturing software has extraordinary potential to positively affect the productivity and efficiency of the global manufacturing industry, and as the leader in this field, we are proud to deliver the kind of solutions that will continue to create value for our customers while helping the global manufacturing industry to thrive.'
Proven solution for today's challenging environment
The global market continues to demand environmentally-friendly products produced with a more sustainable production model. However, uncertainties facing manufacturing companies today create significant challenges as to how to most effectively invest their capital in order to maintain, or return to, economic growth. They know they must further optimise their existing capacity yet have the flexibility to respond and expand when market demand begins to accelerate.
Tecnomatix is a proven solution built on an open technology foundation consistent with Siemens PLM Software's open business model. As a result, companies can leverage individual solutions that work in their existing environment, or deploy a fully integrated digital manufacturing system supporting an entire factory or enterprise. The intuitive user interface has been significantly enhanced in Tecnomatix 10, making it even easier for companies to make smarter decisions because all the pertinent information is presented in an easy to comprehend format that promotes better understanding and collaboration.
Powering manufacturing productivity
Tecnomatix 10 further builds on the product's world-class flexibility and robust functionality. In addition to its improved user interface, Tecnomatix 10 includes a wide variety of enhancements that help companies cost-effectively power manufacturing productivity improvements in today's challenging environment.
- PLM for manufacturing - Integration with Siemens PLM Software's Teamcenter® software, the world's most widely used PLM system, provides a single source of product and process information to significantly increase productivity. New Tecnomatix capabilities like a more productive user interface, 3D animated work instructions and a shop floor connection for Teamcenter that provides a seamless connection to machine controllers, create a better user experience and ensure manufacturing data is secure and the manufacturing plan-to-production process is controlled. When more of a company's intellectual property and capital investments are available in the proper context for validation, it increases reuse and efficiency. Tecnomatix integration with Teamcenter creates a PLM for manufacturing environment that enables information to be leveraged from design through production, leading to higher quality, less scrap, lower cost and faster product launches.
- Efficient planning - Tecnomatix helps companies improve manufacturing planning productivity by up to 40 percent. Efficiency is achieved in the latest release by synchronising product and process development stages using enhanced planning, simulation and collaboration tools. With these advanced tools, users can plan, optimise and validate manufacturing processes before the start of production, and increase productivity through reuse of previously validated manufacturing data and process knowledge.
- Optimised Systems - Optimisation is achieved through the virtual validation and detection of potential errors and comprehending the impact these changes will drive into the production system during startup or continuous improvement events. These iterative processes can be executed virtually through the use of comprehensive simulation, validation and analysis capabilities. Powerful new 3D visualisation and simulation enhancements combined with a simplified user interface enable smarter decisions for optimised manufacturing systems. This leads to higher confidence levels when defining manufacturing operations along with lean techniques for the elimination of non-value added activity on the factory floor, and decreased time to volume of the production system.
- Proven Validation - Enhanced validation enables the interaction between the virtual production model and the physical production equipment for the purposes of debugging and testing the operations to be executed and the program logic necessary to control them. Known as virtual commissioning, this allows manufacturers to ensure that the systems they have designed can be installed and implemented correctly the first time.
- Lifecycle Quality - Tecnomatix 10 continues Siemens PLM Software's strategy of integrating automated quality solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle process. From product engineering where robust designs drive more profitable manufacturing strategies to production where proper attention to critical quality measurements assures conformance to design intent. The latest quality enhancements in Tecnomatix 10 provide manufacturers with clear visibility into their quality process which can help create the type of reputation for quality that leads to long-term company growth.
Tecnomatix 10 is available immediately. For more information, please visit www.siemens.com/plm/tecnomatix10.