Monday, 12 December 2016 10:54

Xmas connections for NBN to complete the 2016 rollout

By

Comparison website finder.com.au says final rollouts of the National Broadband Network for this year will see 152,800 premises across 117 Australian suburbs become NBN-ready over the Christmas week.

According to research by finder, the last rollout of 2016 will connect the majority of premises connected in New South Wales, accounting for 31% of new connections between 23 to 31 December.

And, behind NSW In second place is South Australia where 35,800 premises (23%) will be connected to the NBN over Christmas, finder says.

According to finder, the most new customers can be found in Wallaroo and North Beach in South Australia with “Santa flicking the NBN switch” for 4800 homes and businesses.

In Queensland, Mermaid Waters and Clear Island Waters are next in line, with 4500 premises NBN-ready by New Year’s Eve.

“The wait is over for over 150,000 households and businesses this Christmas as they are expected to gain faster internet in the final days of 2016. For some, the NBN is still years away and they might feel like they’ve been delivered a digital lump of coal,” says finder’s Alex Kidman.

Finder notes that, to date, 1,570,721 premises nationally have activated the NBN, representing 44% of the 3.5 million homes and lots that are NBN-ready, with the remaining 56% of homes and businesses yet to make the switch to an NBN service.

“If you don’t have it yet the NBN should definitely be on your radar. In many cases it’ll mean a smoother Netflix experience and faster browsing,” Kidman says.

“While it’s taking its time, the reality is that the NBN will eventually encompass all Australians, replacing not only your broadband but also your phone line.

“For businesses the benefits of the NBN are particularly important as it’ll open the door to increased communication speed, additional markets and being able to compete on the world stage without being hampered by last century’s broadband infrastructure.”

Finder says it has launched a broadband plan comparison tool to help users understand what options are available to them, which it claims is the only service which shows available NBN plans for NBN-ready premises.

WEBINAR event: IT Alerting Best Practices 27 MAY 2PM AEST

LogicMonitor, the cloud-based IT infrastructure monitoring and intelligence platform, is hosting an online event at 2PM on May 27th aimed at educating IT administrators, managers and leaders about IT and network alerts.

This free webinar will share best practices for setting network alerts, negating alert fatigue, optimising an alerting strategy and proactive monitoring.

The event will start at 2pm AEST. Topics will include:

- Setting alert routing and thresholds

- Avoiding alert and email overload

- Learning from missed alerts

- Managing downtime effectively

The webinar will run for approximately one hour. Recordings will be made available to anyone who registers but cannot make the live event.

REGISTER HERE!

LAYER 1 ENCRYPTION A KEY TO CYBER-SECURITY SOLUTION

Security requirements such as confidentiality, integrity and authentication have become mandatory in most industries.

Data encryption methods previously used only by military and intelligence services have become common practice in all data transfer networks across all platforms, in all industries where information is sensitive and vital (financial and government institutions, critical infrastructure, data centres, and service providers).

Get the full details on Layer-1 encryption solutions straight from PacketLight’s optical networks experts.

This white paper titled, “When 1% of the Light Equals 100% of the Information” is a must read for anyone within the fiber optics, cybersecurity or related industry sectors.

To access click Download here.

DOWNLOAD!

Peter Dinham

Peter Dinham - retired and is a "volunteer" writer for iTWire. He is a veteran journalist and corporate communications consultant. He has worked as a journalist in all forms of media – newspapers/magazines, radio, television, press agency and now, online – including with the Canberra Times, The Examiner (Tasmania), the ABC and AAP-Reuters. As a freelance journalist he also had articles published in Australian and overseas magazines. He worked in the corporate communications/public relations sector, in-house with an airline, and as a senior executive in Australia of the world’s largest communications consultancy, Burson-Marsteller. He also ran his own communications consultancy and was a co-founder in Australia of the global photographic agency, the Image Bank (now Getty Images).

VENDOR NEWS & WEBINARS

REVIEWS

Recent Comments