The telco is touting its offer of streaming EPL over its mobile and fixed network, data free on eligible plans – meaning users accessing the content from an eligible plan will be able to stream as much EPL content as they want, without using their mobile, mobile broadband or home broadband data allowance.
Optus cautions users, however, that advertisements, analytics and authentication use data, so beware of this when streaming your EPL matches.
As iTWire reported last month, Optus announced its broad English Premier League broadcast plans, including expanding its football offering with the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
And, with the details of its plan offerings for the EPL announced on Wednesday, the telco says new and existing customers who want to watch every round of the next EPL season can choose from a range of “great value” plans and then add EPL from as little as $15 extra per month.
In addition, for eligible plans valued at $85 per month and above, Optus will include EPL at no extra cost.
“From mobile plans with generous data and call inclusions, through to home broadband plans that come with unlimited data, Yes TV by Fetch, and the EPL included, Optus has a great range of EPL plans suited to all lifestyles and budgets,” White says.
“While you’ll need to be an Optus customer to get all the EPL action, Optus research shows that close to two in three (63%) football fans, who are not already Optus customers, are out of contract for at least one of their fixed broadband or mobile services.
“We’re confident that when these fans see our range of great value EPL-ready plans, they’ll be convinced that now’s the right time to switch. And for those not quite ready to make that extra commitment, we also have a great postpaid BYO mobile plan that will provide access to the EPL.”
This is what Optus says about its new EPL offerings:
• Every match live: Australia’s first 24/7 EPL channel boasts up to nine sub-channels, so viewers never miss a minute of the action on match day, no matter how many teams are playing
• Dedicated EPL channel: Devoted exclusively to the English Premier League, Optus’ 24/7 EPL channel will carry all 380 live matches of the 2016/17 season, as well as the most comprehensive EPL news and analysis ever offered in Australia with shows like Match of the Week, News, Fanzone and Match Day Live
• Un-metered EPL: Streaming EPL over the Optus mobile and fixed network will be data free on eligible plans. This means customers accessing the content from an eligible plan will be able to stream as much EPL content as they want, without using their mobile, mobile broadband or home broadband data allowance. (Note: advertisements, analytics and authentication use data)
• Device of your choice: Optus will launch new mobile and tablet apps, and a dedicated website that will allow customers to synch up to four devices through their subscription. To broadcast EPL at a venue, and to register your interest, click here.
• Screen-in-screen viewing: Subscriptions come with access to a dedicated new website that supports up to four screens, for those times when games are on at the same time.