The Australian Senate's Standing Committee on Privileges, in its final ruling on the matter, said on Tuesday that the material, seized both from the office of then Senator Stephen Conroy in Melbourne and the Labor Parliamentary office in Canberra, was covered by parliamentary privilege.
The raids on Conroy's office and the home of a staffer to Labor's then communications spokesman Jason Clare were carried out during last year's federal election.
The raids on Labor's parliamentary office were effected in August.
It did not make a finding of contempt in relation to the case saying this was done provided the seized documents were not used in the police investigation.
In February last year, there were claims in the mainstream media that the Coalition multi-technology mix broadband network rollout faced mounting delays and rising costs.
The claims were based on an internal progress report which detailed a large number of issues that were hampering the progress of the rollout.
At the time, NBN Co said it had asked the AFP to act, while the Labor Party accused the Coalition government of having orchestrated the raids.