TPG chief executive David Teoh had complained about the delay in the ACCC issuing a final verdict on the proposal, during the release of the company's half-year results on Monday.
At the time, TPG said it expected the ACCC decision in relation to the application for informal clearance of the merger to be made in May.
In December last year, the competition watchdog had issued a preliminary report on the proposed merger, saying that the disappearance of TPG, which it viewed as being on the way to becoming a fourth mobile competitor in Australia, from the fray through its merger with Vodafone would substantially lessen competition in the sector.
The company, which reported a 76.4% drop in profits for the first half of fiscal year 2019 due to the mobile network plan being cancelled, said, however that its fixed-line business would continue to be strong even if the merger was blocked.
"If the merger doesn't proceed, our board has to look at the various options. At TPG we still have our strengths. If you look at our fibre infrastructure, it is enormous. We still provide the best speeds," Teoh said.