Hot on the heels of Prime Minister Turnbull’s innovation statement and initiatives to boost investment in startups, muru-D says startups accepted into the accelerator program, to commence on 1 February, include one venture developing aquatic drones that inspect underwater assets and a technology ride-sharing service to space aboard nano-satellites.
Annie Parker, Co-Founder of muru-D said the company had accepted 390 registrations and 171 completed applications and were “blown away by some of the creative ideas we received this year”.
“It was very encouraging to see so many applications for the program, a firm reminder of how wider community sentiment and support can make entrepreneurship and innovative concepts really flourish.
“I’m also thrilled to say that this year 60% of the startups have a female founder or team member, which is almost double the industry average.”
CEO and Co-founder of Abyss Solutions, Nasir Ahsan, said he sees the opportunity to fast-track his business - providing automated (robotic) asset inspections with a specific focus on underwater assets – “as the biggest potential value-add muru-D offers”.
“muru-D has a track record of helping startups to get their show on the road. With muru-D we hope we can achieve in six months’ time, what we could only dream about achieving in years. We want to learn how to acquire clients quickly, which market segment to target first and how to strategically bootstrap our way into the next world.”
Muru-D lists the 10 successful startups selected for muru-D #SYD3 class are:
- Abyss Solutions- provides automated (robotic) asset inspections with a specific focus on underwater assets, i.e. waterways and reservoirs
- Drive Yello- a service ensuring the efficient and reliable delivery of food by allowing food service businesses to search, book, manage, pay, train and monitor their delivery drivers
- ELLA- Educators Lifelong Learning App is a “fitbit” for teacher’s professional growth
- Fluid Education- web and mobile app for schools, combining homework management, learning resources, student reporting, and communication into a single, unified experience
- Helian Systems- software infrastructure for Internet of Things that connects the sensors to existing business applications
- Our Little Foxes- craft and activity box subscription for kids aged three to 10 years old.
- Persollo– a tool that makes selling online, making donations or trading services quick and easy by using a simple URL
- Quberider - allows experiments by students to be conducted in space using a technology ride sharing service to space aboard nano-satellites
- Simpla - allows web developers to build better websites, web apps, and tools much faster by enabling edits to be made live on a page
- Uprise - a mobile app that provides preventative mental health support to employees and improves their productivity.