Qlik says the acquisition expands its existing augmented intelligence and cognitive capabilities by delivering additional conversational analytics leveraging its platform and open APIs.
According to Qlik, users can now interact with and understand their data using natural language through Qlik Sense and within leading collaboration tools such as Slack, Skype, Salesforce Chat and Microsoft Teams.
“Bringing CrunchBot and Crunch Data into Qlik will help users more easily inject data regularly into workflows, making analytics an essential element in daily collaboration and decision making,” said Qlik chief executive Mike Capone.
Capone cites a Gartner report which says that “by 2020, 50% of analytical queries will be generated via search, NLP or voice, or will be automatically generated”.
And Capone says Qlik’s customers already benefit from augmented intelligence and natural language search capabilities within Qlik, and CrunchBot expands and extends those capabilities through a conversational, natural language interface.
“CrunchBot works uniquely with Qlik, bridging the gap between visual discovery and conversational analytic,” says Qlik.
“As a trusted extension developer accredited solution, validated by Qlik for quality and functionality and built upon Qlik’s open API framework and Associative Engine, CrunchBot enables users to:
- "Ask questions in a conversational manner through the Qlik Sense UI or popular collaboration tools such as Slack, Skype, Salesforce Chat and Microsoft Teams;
- "Explore and ask questions of their data through voice interaction with integration to services such as Amazon Alexa;
- "Receive robust answers and insights including additional context with auto-generated charts, interpretations, key drivers, period-over-period calculations and predictions for measures;
- "Seamlessly dive directly into Qlik Sense analytics apps based on the results, with the context (selection state) retained;
- "Leverage unique Natural Language Processing (NLP), which automatically trains itself and tracks user inquiries over time, and natural language generation which delivers insights for not only what is happening, but also why – and where to go next.
“Unlike standalone search products, this approach offers the best of both worlds – allowing users to enter an experience conversationally and then transition to visual exploration for deeper understanding and discovery. Qlik customers and partners will see increased analytics adoption and user data literacy with a faster and easier way to ask questions, generate insights, and make data-driven decisions with CrunchBot.
“Crunch Data will help drive analytics adoption and customer successes, integrating immediately into Qlik’s existing customer success organisation to expand Qlik’s ability to deliver value-added and managed services. The Crunch Data team, a mix of offshore development and US-based AI professionals, has a strong track record of successful project engagements with brands like Century Link and Hortonworks,” Qlik says.
“Qlik is the analytics leader in bringing augmented intelligence and machine learning to enterprise users,” said Nish Patel, CrunchBot chief executive and Crunch Data co-founder.
“We’re thrilled to become part of the advanced capabilities that Qlik continues to bring to market, helping enterprise customers realise the bottom-line value of making it easier for their employees to converse with data.”