The bank launched goMoney in 2010 and says it now has more than 1.4 million users with an average of one million logins per day.
ANZ Managing Director Products and Marketing Australia, Matt Boss, says more than 60% of the bank’s customers now use mobile and online banking channels, and perform three times as many basic banking transactions online than in branches each year.
“Digital and mobile technologies have changed the way people behave and interact, creating an expectation that everything should be easy, frictionless and intuitive.
“We are now focused on ensuring all of our digital channels are connected and integrated to provide our customers with a seamless experience.”
Boss points to the ANZ’s suite of apps including FastPay, which helps small business owners take credit and debit payments using their smart phone or iPad, and Grow by ANZ which was launched in June, and brings together goMoney with investments, superannuation and insurance.
Key statistics for ANZ goMoney:
• More than 45,000 customers logging in every hour on average
• 88% of users are between the ages of 18 and 44
• Most popular time of use is during the commute home between 5pm – 7pm
• Accounts for 62% of all digital logins by ANZ customers
• More than 34,000 bills paid every day