Thursday, 02 October 2014 09:46

Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise acquired by China Huaxin

By

The enterprise division of Alcatel-Lucent - the part of the company that builds enterprise communication and networking for businesses of all sizes - has been acquired by China Huaxin Post & Telecommunication Economy Development Center.

China Huaxin Post & Telecommunication Economy Development Center has paid €202 million for an 85% stake in Alcatel-Lucent's enterprise division, which has been moved into a separate holding company with Alcatel-Lucent retaining the other 15%.

Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise's headquarters will remain near Paris. The company has operations in more than 80 countries and employs more than 2,700 people.

Its range includes Ethernet switches and routers, Wi-Fi access points, phones and collaboration products, and network security and management tools.

Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise CEO Michel Emelianoff (pictured) said "With such a dedicated investor, we now have the ability to execute on our ambition to become an essential player in the enterprise communications market and still be a reference for innovation and user experience."

China Huaxin chairman Yuan Xin said "Our long-term investment approach will help Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise deliver on its ambition while enabling us to strengthen our strategic position in the enterprise communications arena.

"Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise has very strong assets and a recognised leadership in many markets across the globe.

"We are looking forward to leveraging our investment capabilities and experience to bring this business to the next level, both in size and market outreach."

China Huaxin has previously invested in Alcatel-Lucent Shanghai Bell and the Yangtze Optical Fiber & Cable Company.


Subscribe to ITWIRE UPDATE Newsletter here

Now’s the Time for 400G Migration

The optical fibre community is anxiously awaiting the benefits that 400G capacity per wavelength will bring to existing and future fibre optic networks.

Nearly every business wants to leverage the latest in digital offerings to remain competitive in their respective markets and to provide support for fast and ever-increasing demands for data capacity. 400G is the answer.

Initial challenges are associated with supporting such project and upgrades to fulfil the promise of higher-capacity transport.

The foundation of optical networking infrastructure includes coherent optical transceivers and digital signal processing (DSP), mux/demux, ROADM, and optical amplifiers, all of which must be able to support 400G capacity.

With today’s proprietary power-hungry and high cost transceivers and DSP, how is migration to 400G networks going to be a viable option?

PacketLight's next-generation standardised solutions may be the answer. Click below to read the full article.

CLICK HERE!

WEBINAR PROMOTION ON ITWIRE: It's all about webinars

These days our customers Advertising & Marketing campaigns are mainly focussed on webinars.

If you wish to promote a Webinar we recommend at least a 2 week campaign prior to your event.

The iTWire campaign will include extensive adverts on our News Site itwire.com and prominent Newsletter promotion https://www.itwire.com/itwire-update.html and Promotional News & Editorial.

This coupled with the new capabilities 5G brings opens up huge opportunities for both network operators and enterprise organisations.

We have a Webinar Business Booster Pack and other supportive programs.

We look forward to discussing your campaign goals with you.

MORE INFO HERE!

BACK TO HOME PAGE
Stephen Withers

joomla visitors

Stephen Withers is one of Australia¹s most experienced IT journalists, having begun his career in the days of 8-bit 'microcomputers'. He covers the gamut from gadgets to enterprise systems. In previous lives he has been an academic, a systems programmer, an IT support manager, and an online services manager. Stephen holds an honours degree in Management Sciences and a PhD in Industrial and Business Studies.

Share News tips for the iTWire Journalists? Your tip will be anonymous

WEBINARS ONLINE & ON-DEMAND

GUEST ARTICLES

VENDOR NEWS

Guest Opinion

Guest Interviews

Guest Reviews

Guest Research

Guest Research & Case Studies

Channel News

Comments