While major corporate giants and organizations usually have keep their systems in place to safeguard against data loss, it is the small and medium-size (SMEs) organizations and professionals that struggle to survive after data loss. They suffer a huge risk of going out of business due to data loss and inadequate backup measures.
In case you have recently lost data and looking for an advanced RAID data recovery solution, we recommend Stellar Data Recovery Technician software based on our review presented hereunder.
Sometimes a RAID configuration may break due to metadata inconsistencies, logical errors caused by malware or virus intrusion, power surge, abrupt shutdown or power loss, and SMART errors.
In such cases, reconstructing a RAID may not be possible. Moreover, you need to input the exact RAID parameters that were defined when the RAID was the first set up. Failing to provide correct parameters or entering wrong parameters can lead to RAID reconstruction failure and may permanently damage the recoverable data beyond recovery.
In such a situation, where RAID server or RAID-based NAS storage device breaks due to logical errors, you can try Stellar Data Recovery Technician before seeking costly data recovery services.
The software can reconstruct a broken or failed RAID 0, RAID 5, and RAID 6 array—even if you don’t know or remember the critical RAID parameters.
It’s also the world’s first RAID data recovery software that repairs corrupt, distorted, pixelated, greyed-out, out of sync photos and video files, including RAW, HEIC, & CR3 formats.
Pros & Cons
Here’s How It Works—3 Steps to RAID Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery Technician recovers data from all kinds of Windows storage devices and RAID arrays with FAT (FAT16/FAT32), NTFS, or exFAT file system. It also supports all RAID enabled motherboards manufactured by Gigabyte®, NVidia®, Asus®, Intel®, etc. and PCIe RAID controller cards from Adaptec®, Dell®, LSI Logic®, etc.
Step 1: Select What Data You Want to Recover
- Choose the file types you lost from the RAID server and click ‘Next’.
You can check the list of support file formats by going to ‘Settings>File List’. In case a file format that you want to recover isn’t listed in the supported file list, click ‘Add Header’. Here you can add an unlisted or new file format by simply providing a few sample files. Pro and advanced users can choose ‘I know how to add file type’ and specify the file signatures.
Step 2: Reconstruct RAID Array from RAID Disks
- Connect all RAID drives to the PC, using SATA connectors or SATA to USB converter cables. Then select ‘RAID Recovery’ and click ‘Scan’ to open the RAID reconstruction window.
TIP: In case a RAID drive is severely corrupt or has significant bad sectors, clone it by going to ‘More Tools>Drive Monitor>Clone Disk’.
- First, you need to click on RAID 0, RAID 5, or RAID 6 tab at the top left.
- Now enter the required parameters. You need to provide all the parameters if you know. In case you don’t know or remember the parameter values, choose ‘Don’t know’ options from the drop-down and choose probable values.
- Click ‘Rebuild RAID’. The software, based on provided parameter values, reconstructs a virtual RAID array and lists the RAID volumes for data recovery scan.
In case RAID parameters are not provided, or wrong, the software intelligently detects and reconstruct probable RAID array for data recovery.
Step 3: Run Scan and Recover Data
- Choose the reconstructed RAID volume from the list and click ‘Scan.’
- In case the data is not found, click ‘Click Here’ link at the bottom to run a deep scan.
- Post scan, you can click on an Office document such as Word, Excel, PDF, etc. to preview it. You can also preview photos, videos, audio files before saving.
- Select the files you wish to save and click ‘Recover.’
- Choose the desired save location and click ‘Start Saving.’
CAUTION: Do not select any RAID disk connected to your system to avoid overwriting. Use a separate drive to save the recovered data.
Further, you can disk image a failing drive or RAID volume to create a backup copy. Data recovery from a disk image is much faster and secure.
In addition, there is a ‘Drive Monitor’ utility embedded in Stellar Data Recovery Technician that actively monitors disk temperature, health status, and other vital disk SMART parameters. This helps prevent data loss due to failing drive or SMART errors. You can use it to detect drive issues before they fail and break your RAID arrays.
Backup is critical. It helps avoid permanent data loss situation and resume workflow even after severe data loss situations. By ensuring adequate backup and recovery measures, you can safeguard your organization against the odds of data loss, which can have severe consequences.
Follow 3-2-1 backup rule and always keep a reliable and advanced RAID data recovery software such as Stellar Data Recovery Technician for all your data care need in Windows. The software recovers data from formatted, broken, or corrupt RAID 0, RAID 5, and RAID 6 arrays without a hardware RAID controller. It constructs a virtual RAID based on provided parameters and facilitates data recovery. The software also rebuilds a few probable virtual RAID contractions even if the parameters are not provided or wrong. However, if you are not sure and need more help, you can always reach out to Self Help & Support section for expert solutions.