According to the Cisco 2018 Annual Cybersecurity Report “Defenders are implementing a complex mix of products from a cross-section of vendors to protect against breaches. This complexity and growth in breaches have many downstream effects on an organization's ability to defend against attacks, such as increased risk of losses.
o In 2017, 25 percent of security professionals said they used products from 11 to 20 vendors, compared with 18 percent of security professionals in 2016.
o Security professionals said 32 percent of breaches affected more than half of their systems, compared with 15 percent in 2016.”
As such, it is essential for organisations to understand how they can effectively utilise threat intelligence to influence their cyber security strategies.
The Cyber Threat Intelligence Summit being held 2-4 May in Sydney will bring together top experts and practitioners for in-depth threat intelligence talks, and exclusive networking opportunities.
It’s where cyber security and threat intelligence leaders, technology leaders, incident response and risk & compliance leaders will come together to:
- Understand the need for enhanced threat detection and prioritised incident investigation
- Learn how to keep ahead of attackers by leveraging threat intelligence
- Assess how to enable an intelligence-led approach to your cyber security operations
- Establish threat intelligence as a viable addition to your security strategy
- Maximise the potential of threat intelligence platforms to protect your organisation
- Develop plans to operationalise cyber threat intelligence
- Connect with others in your industry and other sectors to share information
Check out the agenda here (https://www.cyberthreatsummit.com.au/agenda/download-brochure-0)
Featuring leading industry experts including:
- The Hon. Angus Taylor MP, Member for Hume, Minister for Law Enforcement and Cyber Security
- Paul Ward, Assistant Director, Cyber Fusion Center, INTERPOL
- Paul de Souza, Founder and President, Cyber Security Forum Initiative USA
- Manan Qureshi, Head of Cyber Resilience, Riyad Bank
- Sandra Ragg, Head, Office of the Prime Minister’s Cyber Security Special Adviser, Lead Cyber Resilience Taskforce, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Fred Thiele, Chief Information Security Officer, Velocity Frequent Flyer
- Greg Adamson, GAICD, Enterprise Fellow Cyber Security, University of Melbourne, Chair, Special interest Group on Blockchain, IEEE
- Chris Mohan, General Manager – Security Controls & Threat Research and Intelligence, Telstra
- Stuart Mort, Director Cyber Security, Optus
What are the benefits of attending the Cyber Threat Intelligence Summit - https://www.cyberthreatsummit.com.au/)?
- Learn about the importance of knowing your cyber threat landscape
- Gain a more holistic view of your threat landscape through improved understanding
- Understand how you can operationalize threat intelligence strategies
- Hear about how real time intelligence can contain the impact of cyber attacks in sessions that consider managed services, moving to the cloud and emerging technologies
- Get the latest updates on how government is encouraging increased collaboration nationally and internationally
- Participate in collaborative learning activities designed for business, communications and technical functions
- Meet face-to-face industry leaders who are taking security to the next level
Don’t miss out!
Join us in Sydney on 2 - 4 May to learn how to keep ahead of attackers by leveraging threat intelligence.
View the agenda (https://www.cyberthreatsummit.com.au/agenda/download-brochure-0)
Visit the website https://www.cyberthreatsummit.com.au/
Call us on +61 (0)2 9977 0565 to register or find out more.