By converging APM and NPM, mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR) is reduced, performance management costs are slashed and deployment is simplified. This release introduces new pricing and entry-level offerings that allow IT teams to easily start with a single application, then seamlessly and cost-effectively scale to enterprise-wide deployments.
Until now, IT organisations were forced to choose between complex deployments and incomplete views of application performance. Network-centric approaches to monitoring have traditionally lacked insight into the user experience and overall application performance. Traditional application performance monitoring solutions have been unable to monitor and diagnose network performance issues.
“Compuware’s Spring Release highlights the significant interdependency of application performance on the underlying networked infrastructure and the corresponding enterprise need for a unified view of each in context of the other,” said Dennis Drogseth, Vice President at Enterprise Management Associates. “Historically IT organisations have been forced to compromise between a network-centric or application-focused approach to monitoring that limits the ability to rapidly find and fix performance issues. The Compuware APM Spring Release delivers a truly unified view of application performance, network analysis and business impact for multi-tier enterprise applications.”
Compuware APM Spring Release delivers a single solution to manage both application and network performance that includes:
· Out-of-the-box dashboards: provide a single view of application and network performance:
o Single integrated dashboard for web and non-web applications.
o Instantly isolate poorly performing tier.
o Prioritise problems by business impact.
· A single point of instrumentation: reduces costs and delivers network diagnostics in context of application performance;
· Private cloud and virtualisation ready: delivers the industry’s most complete coverage for cloud and virtualised infrastructure, introducing support for Cisco VNTag, and extended support for Citrix XenApp, VMWare vSphere and IBM AIX Micro-partitioning;
· Auto-correlated code-level analysis: provides drill-down to application root cause in seconds via fully integrated dynaTrace PurePath analysis;
· Integrated synthetic monitoring: delivers proactive monitoring for web and non-web applications;
· New pricing and entry-level offerings: enables single application and project-based deployments, with seamless extensibility into a comprehensive APM solution; and
· 100+ improvements to monitoring 30+ enterprise application environments: including SAP, Microsoft Exchange, Oracle E-Business, IBM DB2, IBM WebSphere MQ, SQL, HTTP/S and others.
“Compuware APM has a proven track record of delivering best-in-class analysis of performance from both the application and network perspective in the most challenging environments,” said Claudia Dent, Vice President of Product Management for Compuware’s APM business unit. “The Spring Release delivers a simpler, converged solution with unmatched depth and breadth. Our new entry-level pricing enables organisations of all sizes to manage multi-tier enterprise applications, making new generation APM available to everyone.”
Compuware APM® is the industry’s leading solution for optimising the performance of web, non-web, mobile, streaming and cloud applications. Driven by end-user experience, Compuware APM provides the market’s only unified APM coverage across the entire application delivery chain - from the edge of the internet through the cloud to the datacentre. Compuware APM helps customers deliver proactive problem resolution for greater customer satisfaction, accelerate time-to-market for new application functionality and reduce application management costs through smarter analytics and advanced APM automation.
With more than 4,000 APM customers worldwide, Compuware is recognised as a leader in the “Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring” report.
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world’s most important technologies perform at their best for leading organisations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: http://www.compuware.com.
For more information: