“With the announcement of DB2 Web Query from IBM and Information Builders, System i customers now have access to a very exciting and powerful query tool at a very low cost. We are going to help their customers get the most out of it with the least effort.” says Mark Holm, Centerfield’s Chief Technology Officer. He goes on to say “This will be our first service centered on Web Query. We will install, configure and verify the functionality of the product. While some shops may choose to do this step themselves, our service offering can eliminate the one-time-only effort, reduce the number of required IPLs and avoid the common gotcha’s when configuring any powerful piece of software – with the goal to save companies time, money and probably even some frustration.”
The new service promises to reduce the cost and in most cases eliminate the requirement for an on-site consultant.
The service consists of (2) 4-hour segments split over two days including:
- Identification of required software and PTFs.
- Installation of required base i5/OS software.
- Installation of required PTFs for the base operating system, other required software, and the DB2 Web Query product.
- Certification that the installation is usable once the installation is complete.
- Recommendations on optional fix packs or products that may improve the reliability of the installation (e.g. Cumulative fix packs).
For further information please contact:
Centerfield Technology, Inc.
Telephone: (888) 387-8119 ext 153
Fax: (507) 536-0474
For further information about Centerfield Technology, visit the company’s web site at www.centerfieldtechnology.com.