MSSPs are not just about end-point protection or the seemingly endless layers of security needed to stop cyberattacks – they are about integration and making managing security easier with automated reporting, service ticketing, and enhanced visibility.
WatchGuard Technologies is perhaps best known as for its leading firewalls and is also a major supplier of advanced network security solutions.
With the WatchGuard solution, MSSPs can now streamline their operations by delivering enterprise-grade network security that is easy to deploy and manage and includes automated service ticketing, visibility, and reporting.
Business management platforms are commonly used by MSSPs to enable end-to-end IT service management for their customers. They improve business operations by consolidating multiple applications and functions into one platform, including service ticketing, project management, asset management, and customer relationship management.
The WatchGuard-ConnectWise integration delivers a combination of capabilities for ConnectWise users that significantly enhances security automation and visibility into managed security services while providing a scalable and easy-to-manage solution.
The solution features auto synchronisation of asset information and can:
- Reduce manual upkeep of security asset information.
- Gain unparalleled visibility into your customers’ security through automated synchronisation with WatchGuard security appliances, including subscription start and end dates, device serial numbers, OS versions, and much more.
- Avoid a managed network going unprotected because of incorrect security service subscription end dates.
The solutuion has integrated, closed-loop service ticketing and can track Issues with service ticketing made easy. It can:
- Enable ConnectWise service tickets for WatchGuard security solutions.
- Configure event thresholds on a wide range of parameters identified per device, including: security services, device statistics, and subscription statuses. Event thresholds automatically trigger the creation and closure of service tickets, closing tickets when issues are resolved, and reducing the number of false alarms.
- Eliminate ticket flooding and provide trending visibility into a customer’s security, because the same ticket reopens if the issue returns, rather than creating multiple tickets.
- Integrate data from the WatchGuard management and reporting solutions into the ConnectWise Executive Summary Reports, including device statistics, web usage statistics, and intrusion prevention service summaries.
- Deliver customised reports to customers via on-demand schedules.
"We were thrilled at the opportunity to work with the WatchGuard team on their integration initiatives through our Invent Program," said Jeannine Edwards, senior director, ConnectWise Platform Strategy. "By collaborating with us through Invent, WatchGuard demonstrated their commitment to a seamless and best-in-class integration experience for our partners."
“At WatchGuard, we recognise that our Partners offer a complex mix of security solutions, from a variety of vendors, to many customers. It is critical to minimise and centralise the management efforts as well as automate the workflows associated with our solutions,” said Himanshu Verma, director of product management for Managed Security Services at WatchGuard.