The company has released a new version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business (KESB) saying that the increasing demand for BYOD in enterprises of all sizes has led it to "significantly increase the ease of management and protection options available in this product for securing mobile devices. The mobile security and device management function allows business to provide the flexibility which staff require while ensuring sensitive corporate data is kept safe."
Kaspersky claims a key differentiator of its BYOD management offering as being its integration with the existing security features of the product. "It provides IT administrators with a single management dashboard, built on a Kaspersky Lab's own unified platform to reduce the complexity of the operation of the software."
The Core product is anti-malware and firewall only and does not include the new MDM functionality. This is available in the Select version and above. Select also includes workstation and file server security, application control with dynamic white-listing, device control, and web control
Kaspersky lists the mobile device security features as being:
- Anti-malware: "Combined signature-based, proactive and cloud-assisted detection results in real-time protection. A safe browser and anti-spam increase the security."
- Deployment with over the air (OTA) provisioning: "The ability to pre-configure and deploy applications centrally using SMS, email and PC."
- Remote anti-theft tools: "SIM-Watch, remote lock, wipe and find all prevent unauthorised access to corporate data if a mobile device is lost or stolen."
- Application control for mobile devices; "Monitors applications installed on a mobile device according to the pre-defined group policies. Includes a 'Mandatory Application' group."
- Support for employee owned devices: "Corporate data and applications are isolated in encrypted containers which are transparent to the user. This data can be wiped separately."