Watchguard, a leader in advanced network security solutions, has released its new T70 that meets the needs of up to 60 users in a compact “tabletop” device. It joins the T50 (35 users).
According to independent testing lab Miercom, the T70 delivers speeds over 1 Gbps when operating in full Unified Threat Management (UTM) mode — the fastest throughput available in the industry today — which is 52% higher than the average competitor appliance tested, and 38% higher than the next competitor.
Rob Smithers, chief executive, Miercom, said, "The WatchGuard Firebox T70 exhibited the best overall throughput performance of the security appliances tested. While its competitor's performance was greatly reduced as more security functions and features were enabled, the WatchGuard Firebox T70s continued to prove exceptional performance."
Andrew Young, vice-president of product management at WatchGuard Technologies, said, “Organisations today require fast, reliable and secure Internet connectivity. This is further exacerbated by the growing availability of fibre broadband. The WatchGuard T70 is ideal for small and mid-size businesses or distributed enterprises that need the highest performance available in a tabletop security appliance. It will make network slowdown concerns a thing of the past.”
- 4Gbps Firewall throughput.
- More than 1Gbps throughput with full UTM protection even for fibre broadband.
- 2 Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports for peripherals like access points.
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet Ports.
- 740Mbps VPN supporting 60 Mobile IPSec or SSL/L2TP tunnels.
- Stateful packet inspection, deep packet inspection and proxy firewall.
- DDoS fragmented packets and blended threat protection.
- H23, SIP, call setup and session security for VoIP.
- SSO and Authentication - RADIUS, LDAP, Windows Active Directory, VASCO, RSA SecurID, internal database, Duo, SMS Passcode.
- RapidDeploy to pre-configure appliances for quick and non-technical installations at distributed locations.
- Security subscriptions: APT Blocker, IPS, Gateway AV, WebBlocker, App Control, Data Loss Prevention, Reputation Enabled Defence, Mobile Security, Network Discovery, spamBlocker.
- Size and weight: 233 x 205.5 x 48 mm 3.63kg.