Nuance Equitrac — intelligent print management software — tracks all print jobs, produces cost centre reports, and allows for print accounting for on-charging. It has developed a reputation for security and cost containment, especially in the legal and education sectors.
It has released a Chinese language version to cater for the growing Asian market.
"Nuance is committed to the Asian market and will continue to invest in the region to meet the needs of our customers. Equitrac’s Chinese version complements our English version which is already widely used in Asia," said Stephen Dubois, vice-president sales APJ - Nuance Document Imaging.
The Chinese version is available to customers through the company’s long-term regional partners, Canon, Fuji Xerox, HP, Konica Minolta and Ricoh. These partners can assist customers with training and support, which is underpinned by Nuance’s solid expertise and technical know-how. Nuance has invested in China and has approximately 100 staff there.
Key features include:
- I-Queue – Enterprise-wide printing without the need to process print jobs through print servers.
- Easy integration – Hybrid Print Control technology provides a single print management platform that supports enterprises in server-based environments, using I-Queue and, in many cases, environments that support both deployment types.
- Enhanced secure printing for mobile devices – For situations where organisations need to provide secure print access to guests, or don’t want to invest in authentication hardware at a device, Equitrac’s Web Release functionality supports secure document release using a web browser – either on a separate PC next to the printer, or from their mobile device.
- Increased productivity – With the Equitrac Capture and Send add-on, print and scan workflows can be executed from a single application, allowing users to quickly and easily send scanned documents to email, fax, network folders or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Secure anywhere, anytime control – Secure login capabilities and Windows single sign-on support, combined with support for Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, make web-based administration a reality for any organisation.
- Business aligned reporting – Total print activity is tracked, allowing tracking of cost savings and realised environmental benefits, such as the decreased consumption of trees, litres of water and CO2 released into the atmosphere. Reports can be filtered by user, department, account and device, and can be run for any defined period.
- Convenient printing – With the Nuance ID Controller, organisations can incorporate even the most basic output devices — single-function printers — into their secure printing network. The ID Controller allows users to swipe their ID card and release their documents stored in the user's Equitrac print queue one at a time — or release all documents in a single step. This secure print release option provides maximum convenience to users by giving them the ability to release their print jobs at the device of their choice.
- Simplified deployment – Features such as fast auto-detection of printers, the ability to import and export price lists, rulesets and billing codes, and multiple active directory and LDAP configurations combine to make Equitrac easy and quick to configure to print environments.