You may ask how and why? The main claim to fame is to re-use paper up to five times and it uses a special removable blue toner to indicate the paper can be reused. The printer has an erase button or the e-Studio RD301 bulk eraser will erase and sort paper that for reuse.
The why is a little more complex – Toshiba says it makes the re-use of paper a more efficient and easy process, providing businesses with more reasons to choose the latest environmentally beneficial printing solution.
Bret Davies, general manager, Toshiba Australia and New Zealand, Toshiba Electronic Imaging Division, said, “Toshiba has recognised that staff are more environmentally conscious, but with productivity pressures, need to be able to print quickly and effortlessly without the need to be away from their desks for too long.
The printer range includes A3 models and a variety of finishing options.
By combining the technology with a standard monochrome multi-function printer, users have the option to print on reusable paper and erase the toner from one standalone multifunctional device, which not only saves valuable working time but helps businesses reduce their carbon footprint.
Printing in blue toner, the erasable toner can be used on temporary documents such as emails or drafts. When a user has finished with a document, it can then be fed back into the printer where the toner will be removed, allowing the blank paper to be re-used.
Users can connect directly to the printer wherever and whenever they want with Cloud printing functionality. Multi-station printing allows users to send print jobs from a computer and retrieve them at any convenient MFP around the business, and mobile printing gives the user flexibility to print directly from their mobile device via the Toshiba e-BRIDGE Print & Capture app or other compatible apps such as AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Mopria Print Service.
The multifunction printer can handle large jobs effortlessly with speeds of up to 45 monochrome pages per minute (ppm) and up to 35 ppm with the erasable toner.
- Combined print, scan, copy, fax and erasable print functions
- Dual scan document feed that holds 300 sheets while processing documents at a speed of up to 240 images per minute
- Optional printing in monochrome or blue toner
- Cloud and mobile printing
- Optional e-STUDIO RD301 erase unit for fast erasing up to 30ppm and sorting non-reusable from reusable paper.
- E-BRIDGE technology for seamless integration into an existing IT infrastructure
- Self-encrypting security feature Toshiba Secure HDD and further optional security functions for IEEE26000.1 compliance