TracMap, based in New Zealand's South Island, is the largest provider of GPS technology to the agricultural sector in New Zealand, and recently won the NZ Hi-Tech Emerging Company Award. TracMap explained how its GPS tracking services can be successfully deployed by emergency services, defence and law enforcement. By equipping helicopters with TracMap's unit, aerial rescue teams can reduce time and cost of aerial searches by 30 per cent.
EasySecured Software & Services, from Mumbai, India, showcased an innovative new two-factor authentication technology that turns any mobile device into a security token without storing data on the device itself. EasySecured sees possible applications for its solution in the protection of e-health records, financial data, and personal information on the Internet as well as enterprise cloud services.
A high profile panel comprised of some of the most renowned security and start-up experts from the US and Australia judged the live presentations held at Security 2011 Exhibition today:
· Todd Brethauer, science advisor at TSWG (Technical Support Working Group), a interagency of the US Department of Defense
· Steven Scanlan from The Australian Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet National Security Science and Technology (NSST) Branch
· Graham Ingram, managing director of the University of Queensland cyber security unit, AusCERT
· Brad Howarth, start-up expert, freelance journalist and author
· Chris Cubbage, executive editor of Australian Security Magazine and director of MySecurity Media
· Kim Mettam, director of business at iWebgate, 2010 winner of the Global Security Challenge's SME Award, worth US$300,000
iWebGate's Mettam welcomed the six APAC finalists and highlighted how the Global Security Challenge can help security start ups rise above the noise.
TracMap and EasySecured Software & Services will be competing with regional titleholders from the UK, Europe, US East and West Coast and the Middle East at the Global Security Challenge global finals, will take place as part of PitchLive, to be held in London, UK from October 24 - 25, 2011.