There have been conferences devoted to Drupal in the country before but they were purely local efforts.
The Drupal Association has held conferences in Europe and the US but this is the first time it is venturing into the Asia-Pacific region.
Drupal is an open source content management system that is released under the GNU General Public Licence.
DrupalCon will be shortly after the Australian national Linux conference in Canberra which concludes on February 2.
The original creator and project lead of Drupal, Dries Buytaert, will give the keynote at the opening session.
The conference will be of value to the following categories of people:
- Anyone in the region who wants to learn about the open source Drupal CMS and when and why it can work for their websites;
- Local web developers, themers, site architects, project managers, content authors, designers, front and backend developers and others who want to engage with the community behind Drupal;
- Web professionals and firms who offer Drupal related services;
- Web development firms looking to use Drupal in many different ways;
- Anyone working for an organisation that’s adopted Drupal as their CMS; and
- Technology decision makers
Registrations are not yet open. Information about the conference will be available on its website.