If you’ve got a new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, every case manufacturer is making the case for you to choose its cases, and just in case you’re not aware of them, they’re casing the joints of each tech news site in the chase for some case coverage.
Otterbox is no exception, with its ‘signature cases’ for the iPhone 6s available in the company’s Defender Series, Commuter Series, Symmetry Series and Strada Series.
iPhone 6 Plus cases are available in OtterBox’s Defender Series, Commuter Series, Symmetry Series, MySymmetry Series and Strada Series.
The company says each of its cases ‘undergoes at least 24 rigorous tests in state-of-the-art testing facilities across more than 238 hours to earn the seal of OtterBox Certified Drop + Protection,’ and that ‘these tests ensure that your newest smartphone is drop, shock, dust and scratch proof, from the minute you snap it on.’
Boasting results ‘backed by an independent third-party test lab, the OtterBox Certified Drop+ Protection is the seal of engineered confidence that demonstrates OtterBox case designs undergo a myriad of tests to provide lasting, trusted protection from drops, bumps, scratches and dings.’
On top of that, Otterbox says its case designs ‘are tested for UV exposure, extreme temperature, jeans pocket wear, abrasion, drop and so much more.’
A video showing some of these tests in action is here:
Steve Nisbet, MD of Otterbox Asia Pacific said: “iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are designed to seamlessly integrate into your day, and our cases are the same – built for you and your lifestyle.
“We rigorously test each of our cases to really put them through their paces so you can take your brand new iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus and hand it to a toddler or go out 4-wheeling, without pause and without worry.”
So, what additional case does Otterbox makes for each of its cases? Here’s what it has to say:
- The Defender Series' triple-layer protection is the original case design that Apple lovers have trusted with their precious devices for nearly a decade. The built-in screen protector blocks out scratches and dust, while the shell and outer slipcover absorb and dissipate shock, making this case perfect for the adventurous iPhone owners!
- The sleek Symmetry Series slides easily into pockets and slips perfectly in and out of purses to help quickly capture live photos or 4K video. This slim iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case provides a raised, beveled edge that allows for extra protection for the touchscreen during facedown drops. Its design is tested in-house to stand up to the wear and tear with a purse test – fending off scratches from keys, shades and wallets for long-lasting graphics and vibrant colours.
- Two form-fitting layers combine to create the thin, protective Commuter Series for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. The outer shell and inner slipcover combine to pull shock away from the device, and port covers keep debris out of the charge and headphone connectors. The Commuter Series will safeguard your device from the daily grind all day long.
- Your phone is an extension of your style. With MySymmetry Series, you get slim protection with customisable style that you can switch up as often as you like. Show off your device through the clear case back, personalised photos or choose from a vast array of Swappable Design Inserts that express your personal style.
- For a classic, tailored look, Strada Series slips iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus into genuine leather and trusted protection. The folio front clasps open or closed to guard against touchscreen scratches and includes a card slot to hold a credit or identification card. A slim audio vent in the folio makes it simple to take calls with the cover closed.
As always, Otterbox’s iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus cases are available at its website and its selected retailers.