A statement from the company said the smartphone would be available through select premium handset plans with generous double data inclusions.
Optus head of Product Shawn Van Graan said, “Optus is moving into a new and exciting esports market as the exclusive Australian carrier of the amazing new Razer Phone 2.
“As one of the world’s top gaming device manufacturers, Razer has designed a high-performance smartphone that is packed with features, including a 120Hz LCD display, extra-long battery life and internal cooling system, making it the perfect companion for Optus customers who love gaming and consuming video content on the go.
The Razer Phone 2 is available on My Plan Plus 24-month post-paid plans, including the $105 per month plan with no charge for the device and 200GB of data. The data allowance includes a 100GB bonus offer which ends on 13 January 2019.
The My Plan Plus handset plans at $105 per month and above offer the following:
- Unlimited standard national calls and texts;
- Unlimited standard international calls and texts from Australia to up to 35 countries;
- Roaming while overseas, including data allowances and unlimited standard international calls and texts;
- Optus Sport subscription can be added as an optional extra at no extra charge: customers can watch year-round Premier League action, plus the 2018/19 UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa Cup and UEFA Nations League live;
- Access to the National Geographic App included at no extra cost: customers can watch hundreds of hours of science and nature documentaries and movies;
- Music streaming via Google Play, iHeartRadio and Spotify (subscriptions required) without using the plans data can be added as an optional extra;
- The option to stream Netflix, Stan and ABC iView without using the plan’s data for an additional $5 per month (subscriptions required); and
- Data Pool enabling customers to share data between eligible plans on the same bill.