The Qantas move also applies to its budget airline, Jetstar.
This follows the decision by the South Korean electronics company to recall all Note7 devices in 10 countries where it was launched, after reports emerged that some devices had exploded while being charged.
The recall was issued on 6 September in Australia, with a total of 51,060 devices having been sold since the launch on 19 August.
A Qantas Group spokesperson told iTWire in response to a query: "Following Samsung Australia’s recall of the Samsung Galaxy Note7 personal electronic device, we are requesting that passengers who own them do not switch on or charge them in-flight."
The US Federal Aviation Administration has also advised against use of the Note7 on planes.
In a statement, the FAA said: "In light of recent incidents and concerns raised by Samsung about its Galaxy Note7 devices, the Federal Aviation Administration strongly advises passengers not to turn on or charge these devices on board aircraft and not to stow them in any checked baggage."
According to a Samsung Australia statement issued earlier this month, replacement devices for the defective ones will be available within three to four weeks.
The company is also providing courtesy devices for those who bought the Note7 and these have been available since Wednesday.
The first reports of issues with the Note7 surfaced on 1 September.