The handheld Panasonic Toughpad FZ-N1 claims to combine the productivity benefits of a mobile barcode reader, phone and tablet into one fully-ruggedised device, built to protect against drops, heat and cold, vibration, dust and rain.
It claims to be ideal for markets like transportation and logistics, manufacturing and retail, and is well suited for a wide variety of applications, such as inventory management, shipping and receiving, delivery routing and parcel tracking, and retail store queue busting.
Stuart Buxton, senior product manager, Toughbook, Panasonic, said, “With the boom in online spending and shipping volumes, some workers could be scanning hundreds of barcodes a day. Clearly, technology must continue to innovate to support the productivity of Australian workers.”
Toughpad FZ-N1 purpose built features:
- Angled barcode reader – The ergonomically designed, angled rear barcode reader was designed to improve productivity and reduce the potential for repetitive strain injuries.
- Full outdoor functionality – a daylight readable display and built to withstand a drop on concrete, works with a wet screen, or with gloves on. Fully sealed against dust and is submersible in 100cm of water for 30 minutes, meeting IP65/IP67 certification. It can withstand temperatures from below -100C to above +500C.
- Android Lollipop operating system – As the world’s lightest fully rugged handheld tablet, this 4.7” Android device features a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor in a purpose-built design and rugged credentials that live up to the brand’s heritage.
- 4G phone connectivity – It has a full multi-carrier Band 28 4G LTE phone with dual SIM card support and up to 700 hours’ standby time. It has 100-decibel speakers with noise suppression and triple noise-cancelling microphones.
- Military-certified toughness – It can operate in a wide range of environments and has passed a torturous tumble test that saw the device endure 2000 consecutive 1m drops so it can stand up to the trials of enterprise and government usage.
- Warm swappable battery – The tablet can operate beyond a typical eight-hour work shift on the standard, field replaceable battery. With an optional extended life battery, it can go well beyond two full work shifts. The quick charge capability delivers extended use after a one hour charge, with a full charge averaging only two hours.
- Versatile optional accessories – Many accessories will be available including a vehicle dock, hand strap, single and multiple device cradles, multi-battery charger, passive and active stylus options and an extended life battery.
“Many handheld computer solutions are vastly underpowered and are larger and heavier than they need to be. The Toughpad FZ-N1 gives companies looking for an up-to-date, powerful, flexible and purpose-built solution, an excellent option that will improve efficiency, productivity and bottom-line performance for years to come,” Buxton said.