Touting the platform as its “vision for the future” of enterprise software, Zuora founder and chief executive Tien Tzuo says, along with the newly acquired Revpro Zuora, the company has expanded its product portfolio and defined a completely new architecture for a post-ERP world.
“Any company running its business with Zuora Central will now have the freedom to dynamically grow, flex, iterate, scale, and transform – all with a modern platform designed for the future.
“Ten years ago, we saw a tectonic business model shift — one that we now call the subscription economy — and Zuora built the first suite of products to automate the unique billing needs of subscription businesses.
According to Tzuo, the world’s largest companies have the most to gain by launching new digital services.
He says the latest Zuora Subscription Economy Index (SEI) found that revenues of subscription-based companies continue to grow eight times faster than that of the S&P 500 and enterprises with over US$100 million in revenue are growing the fastest at 40% above the index average (15% year-over-year).
Zuora Central offers:
- Subscription Orders Engine manages multi-year and multi-subscription changes over the lifecycle of a subscriber and automatically calculates key bookings metrics.
- Rating Engine allows real-time monetisation of any customer event such as usage or consumption.
- Subscription Accounting Engine translates revenue and accounts receivable transactions into subledger entries needed to close the books faster.
- Subscription Metrics Engine computes and visualises key subscription metrics in real-time like Monthly Recurring Revenue, Net Retention, Average Revenue Per Account, Days Sales Outstanding, and Churn Rate in a centralised dashboard.
- Pricing Engine provides a central place to design any type of monetisation model which then syncs instantly with other systems such as CRM, CPQ, and webstores.
- Global Payments Engine captures multiple, global payment methods across more than 30 gateways to maximise recurring cash collections at scale.