Of the three million live listings, 226,218 are listed in the electronics & computers category.
Gumtree Australia announced the milestones as it launched its latest advertising campaign, which extends on the existing Buy. Sell.Win brand campaign released in the second half of last year.
The company, which self-describes its web site as “Australia’s favourite place to buy, sell and win” says it has driven a significant increase across key metrics.
“This is an exciting time for Gumtree. We’re experiencing unprecedented growth and are seeing record numbers of people visiting the site. We’re very proud of what we have achieved to date and we’re committed to ensuring that Gumtree remains an easy way for Australians to buy or sell just about anything in their local communities.”
Herbst said phase two of the Buy. Sell. Win campaign “brings to life the many ways Australians can buy and sell smarter on Gumtree”, and includes refreshed creative and a social competition and will appear across social platforms, digital and outdoor.
“The refreshed campaign creative tells the story of both the buyers and sellers on Gumtree, with particular focus on the site’s autos and household items category. The creative features real life stories of Gumtree users including their names, the items sold and the money they made and also depicts Gumtree’s vibrant community marketplace and the ease of the connections which are made across the platform every day.”
And, in line with the refreshed creative, Herbst said a competition #ShareYourAd has launched on Gumtree’s social channels, encouraging users to share their ad on social media for the chance to win upgrades to the ad, to drive more buyers to the ad and ultimately result in a win for the seller.
Gumtree has also published a few tips for users of its services looking to sell:
1. Be honest: Dedicate time to research what’s out there and the average price of similar items to make sure you’re setting a fair price
2. Be descriptive: Describe the product you’re selling, including its features, a brief history and reasons for selling the item. The more information you provide, the more likely you are to make a sale at the price you’re looking for
3. Upload high quality photos: Gumtree allows up to 10 photos for every listing. Use this to your advantage by uploading high quality images to make sure your listing stands out from the rest
4. Manage your listing: Ensure you keep on top of incoming ad responses. Communicate quickly and directly with potential buyers through My Messages and download the Gumtree app on your phone so you can manage your ad on the go
5. Always meet face-to-face: When buying or selling, it's important to meet in-person to see the item and exchange money. For personal ease and safety, have someone with you if a buyer is coming to your home or workplace.