Garmin Australia has announced fēnix Chronos – a premium version of its popular multisport watch made with premium jeweller’s grade materials and a fashionable metal housing combined with the latest adventure, fitness training, activity tracking and smartwatch technology.
There are three versions available: titanium with brushed titanium band; steel with brushed stainless steel band; and steel with a vintage leather band.
“High-end design meets top-tier performance with fēnix Chronos,” said Adam Howarth, general manager, Garmin Australasia. “With luxurious materials and trusted Garmin multisport technology, fēnix Chronos is a necessary timepiece for anyone who wants to remain stylish through all of life’s adventures – whether it’s hiking through mountains, training for a race, or heading to a black tie event.”
The premium titanium version features a unique brushed titanium band with individually brushed forged titanium links and black elastomer inner links making it strong yet extremely lightweight and comfortable on the wrist.
The steel version has solid 316L stainless steel links carefully assembled and hand-brushed to ensure a smooth, consistent texture.
The fēnix Chronos is also available with a vintage-style genuine leather band with hand-sewn contrast stitching and a nubuck inner lining that combines classic good looks with lasting durability and comfort.
Each fēnix Chronos watch also comes with an easily interchangeable silicone sport band.
fēnix Chronos features:
- high-strength and scratch-resistant sapphire lens.
- 1.2-inch, always on, colour Chroma, 218ppi, Display with LED backlighting for great visibility in all conditions.
- 10ATM (100m) water rating 2, and are designed to withstand the elements.
- Connect IQ compatibility and wireless connectivity features.
- Automatic uploads to Garmin Connect mobile.
- LiveTrack session or share an activity on social media.
- Bluetooth paired with a compatible smartphone to receive incoming call, text, email and other alerts.
- Omni-directional EXO antenna with GPS and GLONASS.
- ABC sensors (altimeter, barometer, compass).
- Activity profiles include run, bike, lap swim, open water, SUP, row, golf and more.
- Daily activity tracking - steps taken, calories burned, stairs climbed, and quality of sleep.
- Continuous heart rate wrist monitor and supports other Bluetooth HRM devices.
- 25 hours’ battery, 13 in GPS mode, one week as a smartwatch.
- 49 x 49 x 15mm (Titanium 112g, Stainless/Stainless 186g, Stainless/leather 94g).
- Haptic vibration.
- Music control, find my phone.
- 32MB RAM (23MB avail for apps or maps).
- GPS has up to 1000 waypoints, 100 hours of activity data and 30 routes.
Via the Garmin Connect mobile app, users can download any of the free apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields to suit their individual needs. Users can even create custom watch faces using their photos with the new FaceIt app.
A full list of specifications is here.
fēnix Chronos is available from September.
- Titanium with Titanium band costs $1999
- Stainless steel with stainless steel band $1499
- Stainless steel with leather band $1399