Lasers were once the purview of science fiction movies and the US Navy, but with lasers now small enough to project stunning imagery from truly portable projectors, you can own your own laser, too, and project video onto just about any surface you desire.
That's because Epson Australia has launched its first truly portable laser projector, designed to be as flexible as possible for home users, in both usability and design.
As noted, Epson has long made laser projectors, which are clearly vastly superior to the old fashioned DLP "spinning wheel" technology, with the EF-100W/B models making Epson’s bright, vivid and long-lasting laser technology available in a compact and lightweight chassis.
Epson Australia MD Craig Heckenberg exclaimed: “The EF-100 is more than just stylish, portable and fun to use. It also offers great functionality for users with its compact size and long-lasting and high-quality laser light source. So whether you are watching a movie on the ceiling with your kids or enjoying widescreen adventures on the wall of any other room in your house, the EF-100 presents you with an excellent, affordable and creative display solution.”
We're told that "by using a laser light source and locating the vents and power inlet on the side, the engineers at Epson have developed a projector that is compact and can be placed and project in any direction. This gives users more flexibility as to what they can project onto such as a wall, ceiling or floor. It also has the capability to project up to 150 inches - ideal for supersizing content.
"Even in daylight, the laser light source delivers a bright and vibrant picture, so there’s no need to turn lights off, block windows or even use a screen.
"Additionally, wonky and distorted images can be avoided by using the clever keystone auto picture adjustment feature.
"Complementing its portable design, the EF-100W/B offers a swift and simple set-up. Users can launch the Welcome Guide to learn how to set up the projector and discover its key features. Furthermore, the remote makes it easy to navigate the user-friendly interface.
"Accessing content from a phone, tablet, DVD player, games console or laptop is easy by inserting a cable into the HDMI port. Streaming content is simple too - devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast and Roku can be plugged in the back.
"The plug and play design also incorporates flexible options for sound: built-in speakers, Bluetooth connectivity for sound bars or a headphone jack. There’s also a sound mode to reflect the type of content being shown.
"The EF-100W/B has been designed for style-conscious users. The white EF-100W features silver accents while the black EF-100B has copper edging. Both models feature rounded corners, minimal buttons and a tactile, leather-like finish."
Here's a video from Epson showing the EF-100W/B in action, the article continues with another video below, please read on!
- Stylish finishes - Modern design EF-100W neutral white and silver/EF-100B matte black and copper – perfect for any environment.
- Compact (WxDxH/mm:210x227x88)
- Lightweight (2.7kg)
- Long-lasting and high-quality (laser light source) - experience astonishing quality and reliability
- Up to 3x Brighter Colours and Reliable Performance* – 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Vibrant and realistic images even in daylight for extraordinary sharpness and detail - (Over 2,500,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and WXGA resolution, 3LCD
- Bright and compact – 2,000 lm colour brightness and 2,000 lm white brightness in a small, portable unit makes the EF-100 series an ideal fit for any occasion.
- Big display size (up to 150 inches)
- Project on almost any surface and in any direction (laser light source, vents and power inlet on the side)
- 360° Installation – Project in any angle, from horizontal to vertical and everything in-between.
- Stress-free set up (welcome guide, automatic keystone correction V +/- 45°, easy to use remote, flexible positioning and quick adjustments make for easy entertainment right out of the box, a new simple welcome guide and easy-to-use remote puts all the most commonly used functions right at your fingertips
- Simple to stream content (1x HDMI 2.0,1x USB for power supply, HDMI connectivity with a space in the back of the projector perfect for attaching small streaming media device.
- Easy sound options (built-in 5W speaker, Bluetooth audio connectivity, headphone jack)
- Low fan noise (26db / 29db)
- 3 Year Projector Warranty – Enjoy peace of mind.
The EF-100W/B is available now from Epson's website and from all good Epson retailers and resellers at A$1,699.
Here's another video showcasing the EF-100W and EF-100B: