Samsung has launched its new "Galaxy Studio" pop-up experience in Westfield Parramatta, creating what it says is "an innovative and immersive space that gives visitors the chance to go hands-on with the newly released Galaxy S9 and S9+".
The company tells us its Galaxy Studio is "designed to showcase Samsung’s latest mobile innovations, exploring S9/S9+ features like the Super Slow-mo camera, personalised AR Emojis and Samsung Pay functionality, which will be demonstrated with complimentary giveaways of ice cream on Saturdays and coffee on Sundays from 1.30pm to 3.30pm until May 17".
Garry McGregor, the newly promoted vice-president, IT and Mobile, Samsung Electronics Australia, said: "We want our customers to have the ability to express themselves in new ways, redefining how we use our smartphones to share and consume content.
As you'd expect from Samsung, not only wanting but able to put its very best technological foot forward, the Galaxy Studio at Westfield Parramatta is "designed to immerse shoppers in all aspects of Samsung’s mobile technology and is built around core experience zones", including:
- Interactive Table – "Explore the key features of the Galaxy S9/S9+ through unique touchscreen interactions."
- Super Slow-mo Studio – "Take a slow-motion video with the Galaxy S9/S9+, choosing from various scenarios and props including feathers and balls, and then share it on the wall. Each week until 17 May 2018, the visitor who creates the most creative slow-motion video and shares via social media (Instagram or Facebook) with the hashtag #GalaxyStudioSydney will win a Galaxy S9. Visit the studio for full T&Cs."
- AR Emoji Gallery – "Create a personal emoji using the Galaxy S9/S9+ and share the GIF file via email."
- Alpine Skiing – "Experience a skiing simulator while the Gear Fit2 Pro records your heart rate in real-time and lets you know how many calories you burned during your workout."
- 4D Theatre – "Enjoy Treasure Hunter, a virtual reality shooting game using the Gear VR’s motion sensing controller."
If you're interested in checking it all out, and you're in Sydney or willing to travel, you'd better be quick, as the Samsung Galaxy Studio at Parramatta Westfield is now open and will be welcoming visitors until 17 May.