If you've ever wanted a device like Microsoft's Surface Go, which has a 10-inch screen, an A$599 price tag (which doesn't include the Microsoft's Type Cover at A$139.95, nor Microsoft's Pen stylus at another $139.95), but didn't want to pay the $878.90 that trio of technology entails, then Kogan's new Atlas Go might scratch the Surface from your shopping list this Christmas.
Not only is Kogan's Atlas Go cheaper at its pre-sale price of A$399, but its processor seems to rival that of the Surface Go, at least in tests I've seen online, which show the Intel Celeron Gemini Lake N4100 Quad-Core Processor in the Surface Go is similar in power to the dual-core Intel Pentium Gold processor in the Surface Go.
The Surface Go also only has a 10-inch screen, while the Atlas Go has a 13.3-inch screen, but while the Surface Go starts with 4GB and a 64GB SSD, and can be configured at a higher price with 8GB and a 128GB SSD, the Atlas Go only has 32GB of storage, and 4GB of RAM.
While the Surface Go promises "up to" nine hours of battery life, the Atlas Go say its 5000mAh battery delivers five hours, while the specs page say four to six hours.
Unlike the Surface Go's more expensive keyboard and stylus, the Atlas Go keyboard is $69 and the stylus is $39, with an Atlas Go "Ultimate Bundle" selling for $479, which includes the Go, keyboard, stylus and a 128GB MicroSD card (valued at $69).
Kogan says it is "also offering a bonus 64GB high-speed microSD card with every Atlas Go (S300) as part of its presale launch".
Kogan Atlas Go (S300) – $399, available on presale, to ship 5 November
- 13.3” Full HD Display with an adjustable kickstand
- Perfect for on-the-go 1.3kg weight
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home
- 4GB RAM with 32GB built-in memory
- Expandable storage of up to 512GB SSD & 128GB MicroSD Card
- Intel Gemini Lake N4100 Quad-Core Processor
- 5-hours battery life with 5000mAh Li-On battery
- Supports fast charging via the new, smaller USB Type-C (this connector is reversible making it easier to plug in)
- 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB-C and 1 x micro HDMI ports
- Option to pair with the Kogan Atlas Go Pen and Kogan Atlas Go Keyboard for ultimate versatility (sold separately)
Kogan Atlas Go (S300) Keyboard – $69, available on presale, to ship 5 November
- Doubles as a protective cover
- Attaches magnetically to your Kogan Atlas Go
- Built-in trackpad for mouse-free convenience
- Light and sleek (300g)
Kogan Atlas Go (S300) Pen – $39, available on presale, to ship 5 November
- Handles precisely and naturally, like a real pen
- Easily vary line weight by changing pressure
- Create subtle shading by tilting your Pen