The deal kicked off at 12 midnight on 4 September 4 and runs for the month of September.
You can see details at the eBay Plus sign-up page, which includes a FAQ.
I've also reprinted the deal’s T&Cs sent via email.
eBay clearly wants to incentivise new Plus sign-ups, stating that every new Plus sign up will receive a free $20 PayPal gift card as a gift from eBay.com.au.
- The terms in this section 8 apply if you: (a) sign up for a free 30-day trial of eBay Plus in September 2018 and then pay the annual Plus membership fee using PayPal on the day following the conclusion of the free trial period, or (b) have completed a free 30-day trial (and ceased receiving all eBay Plus benefits) and then rejoin eBay Plus in September 2018 and pay the annual Plus membership fee using PayPal in September 2018 (“Digital Gift Card Qualifying Conditions”). eBay reserves the right to discontinue offering the Digital Gift Cards without prior notice. If you satisfy these Digital Gift Card Qualifying Conditions, you will receive a $20 eBay Digital Gift Card.
- The $20 eBay Digital Card will be sent to your registered email address on your eBay account within 7 days of eBay receiving your membership fee in accordance with section 8.1.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if you sign up for a 30-day free trial in September 2018 and then cancel your eBay Plus membership during the trial period, you will not be eligible to receive the eBay Digital Gift Card.
- The Digital Gift Card will be subject to eBay’s standard gift card terms and conditions.
- The Digital Gift Card is only redeemable for items sold directly on eBay.com.au. To use the Digital Gift Card you must have an Australian registered eBay account and an Australian postal address. The Digital Gift Card is not refundable, redeemable for cash or reloadable. After first use, the Digital Gift Card is not transferable. The card expires three years after the date of issue.