BlueJeans says the introduction of the new features is driven by “rising customer demand for more natural collaboration and secure engagements as the world settles into today’s remote work reality” - with the latest enhancements to BlueJeans Meetings helping remote workers “stay safe, stay connected, and stay productive”.
“Having BlueJeans in place to facilitate real-time video communication across the company has been mission-critical for ensuring our business continuity during these uncertain times,” said Peo Enea, Global Voice and Multimedia, Electrolux IT.
“With the majority of our 55,000 strong workforce working remotely right now, user experience and security have never been more important. With BlueJeans Meetings, we know we’re providing our employees with a trusted platform for internal collaboration and customer support that’s both easy to use and thoughtfully designed to improve upon the overall work from home experience.”
BlueJeans says that as organisations quickly looked for ways over the past few months to bolster employee productivity and improve business outcomes, it saw a “300% increase in utilisation over the pre-COVID-19 average — which required rapid scale out”.
“Using AWS to scale up beyond the existing hybrid cloud infrastructure, BlueJeans was able to stay ahead of traffic increases smoothly and seamlessly and remain focused on accelerating product innovation around emergent customer needs that support the way people work today.”
“Video conferencing has become fundamental to everyday business success,” said Jim Lundy, CEO, Aragon Research.
“As video collaboration tools help the world stay connected during the pandemic, it’s crucial now more than ever that vendors remain diligent in delivering capabilities that proactively mitigate risks while optimising user experience.
“BlueJeans’ new security and user experience innovations balance security with ease of use to help organisations work securely and productively.”
BlueJeans lists its Meetings solution enhancements as:
- Restricted Meetings: This new capability provides additional authentication modes for restricting meeting access to ensure that only invited participants can join a meeting by leveraging a unique one-time passcode that can be authenticated via email confirmation or by logging into a BlueJeans account. Restricted Meetings can work to ensure secure access for both internal employees as well as people external to the organisation (e.g. board members, investors, customers, and partners), which is a key differentiator. For internal-only meetings, BlueJeans also offers the ability to restrict meeting access to users from a single organisation to prevent external parties from joining meetings.
- Waiting Room: The new Waiting Room experience will provide meeting hosts with better controls for managing who can be admitted into a meeting.
- AES-256 GCM Encryption: All video, audio, and content in transit will be encrypted using AES-256 GCM encryption to deliver improved security and faster performance.
- Screen Share Controls: Administrators can now control who has access to screen share at the enterprise, individual, and per-meeting levels, so that meeting hosts can prevent unwanted screen share takeover.
- Quick Lock: A one-click capability at the top of the screen makes it easy for meeting hosts to secure meetings and prevent unwanted guests from joining in the middle of a confidential discussion.