If you've got a computer equipped with a USB-C 3.1 port, then it's probably an ultra-thin laptop computer, and it probably needs more ports.
That's because ultra-thin computers are, well, very, very thin, and there's not much space within to deliver the range of ports you might want.
To solve this problem, an expansion dock has always been an answer, but in days gone by, there were various compromises that needed to be made.
What Belkin's USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD can do, besides being available to purchase in stores now, is to deliver speed, power and efficient charging through a single one-metre cable, with connection of up to eight devices possible.
You can the take advantage of "4K HDMI video output, a gigabit Ethernet connection, and crystal-clear audio in and out".
It's not just port replication that we're talking about here, but also "Power Priority technology" which "keeps the main device charged while sending 60W of power delivery where it’s needed by assessing each connected device’s size and charging needs, then distributing power accordingly so all devices receive an optimal charge".
This ensures that "the USB-C 3.1 Express Dock is a true single-cable docking solution," as Belkin describes it, being "essential for connecting and powering your world".
Article continues below image, please read on!
Andrew Camba, director of Product Management at Belkin, said: "There is increasing consumer demand for more power, more connectivity and more convenience, and we’ve answered that call with this new dock.
“As more devices accept power delivery and consumers have a wide variety of electronics that need to connect and communicate with one another, we are making good on our promise to help people realise how the power of technology and makes their lives better, easier and more fulfilling. Now people can connect, power, communicate, sync and transfer data, using one dock and one cable.”
Here are the USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD Features:
- Connects up to eight devices at once;
- 4K HDMI video output for clear, defined picture quality;
- 60W power delivery powers your computer through 1M USB-C cable;
- Power Priority technology provides an optimal charge to connected USB-C devices; and
- One gigabit Ethernet port for fast, reliable Internet.
Here are the ports that are included:
- Two USB-C 3.1 ports to connect and charge new smartphones and laptops;
- Three USB-A ports to connect and charge USB-A devices;
- One HDMI port to support 4K video output;
- One gigabit Ethernet port for fast, reliable Internet; and
- Two audio ports for headphone or speaker connection.
The USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD is available for $369.95, with more information here.