We're reminded that "this year’s shopping event officially kicked off at 00:01 on 15 July, with two days of epic deals and an extra 17 hours of deals straight from the U.S. to Prime members in Australia directly through Amazon.com.au. This means that Prime members in Australia will have the longest Prime Day, at a massive 65 hours".
Amazon also wants us all to note that "Prime members can now find Amazon’s best deals across TVs, smart home, kitchen, pantry food and drinks, toys, beauty, fashion, as well as everyday household essentials", with all the deals at the Amazon Prime Day site.
eBay and Big W are two of the companies competing with Amazon's Prime Day this year, details on some of those deals here.
So, what are just some of the deals on offer?
- Save 50% on Amazon Echo and Echo Dot.
- Get a saving of $20 on the Fire TV Stick Basic Edition, available for $49.
- Save up to $80 on Kindle Paperwhite.
- Save $100 on select Home Security from Ring.
- Great savings on speakers from Bose and Bang & Olufsen
- 35% off on 31.5 ASTIVITA MONITOR.
- 32% off on Segway Ninebot ES2 Folding Electric Kick Scooter
- Save up to 50% off Oral Care Appliances from Oral-B, Sonicare & Waterpik.
- Save up to 50% off Philips Personal Care Appliances.
- Save up to 35% off selected Baby Jogger strollers.
- Save up to 35% off selected Maxi Cosi car seats.
- Spend $50, Save 30% on Household and Pantry Everyday Essentials.
- Select Coca Cola 50c per can.
- Big Savings on Cosmetics & Skin Care from L'Oreal, Rimmel, Revlon and more
- Save up to 30% off Nail Care including OPI, Essie, Oribe and more.
- Big Savings on Greenies, Schmackos, Fancy Feast and Hills Pet food products.
- 30% off on Furbo Dog Camera.
- Select Trunki Suitcases for $49.
- Save up to 50% off select Adidas clothing & shoes.
- Save up to 50% off select Nike clothing & shoes.
- Save up to 40% off a select range of watches including products from brands including
Fossil, Casio and Michael Kors.
- Save 30% off select luggage from brands including Antler, Delsey and more.
- Save up to 30% on select favourites from Nerf, Barbie, LEGO, Fisher-Price, Toy Story 4 and
more top Toys.
Rocco Braeuniger, Country Manager for Amazon in Australia, said, “Prime members in Australia are the first to get access to Prime Day deals and they can now shop from tens of thousands of products at amazing prices!
"With huge savings on everything from fashion to home entertainment, to books and household essentials, we are excited to bring Aussies the longest Prime Day in the world.”
We're told that "Last Prime Day, small and medium-sized businesses selling in Amazon’s stores surpassed US$1.5 billion in sales globally and offered hundreds of thousands of deals.
"This year, Prime members in Australia will be able to shop deals from local sellers including Melbourne based Canningvale, and Brisbane based, Astivita."
Jordan Prainito, MD of Canningvale said, “Canningvale is excited to be participating in Prime Day again this year after seeing almost a 500% uplift in sales last year.
"Prime Day has become one of the biggest shopping events in the northern hemisphere and in time, we expect it to be no different for Australia. This year we will once again be offering great prices on a range of luxury homewares available on Amazon Australia.”
Joseph Mizikovsky, CEO of Astivita: “Prime day last year showcased to us the potential of Amazon here in Australia. We believe that Prime day cements Amazon in the eyes of Australian consumers as the place to go to for low prices.
"In 2019 We will be slashing the prices of our best selling items lower than last year and putting on sale a whole new range of tapware, all available exclusively through Amazon.”
To make the most of all Prime Day has to offer, Amazon has provided "some useful tips for Australian customers shopping Prime Day deals for the first time":
- Become a Prime Member - Prime Day deals are only accessible to Prime members, who can access the deals on desktop, mobile browser and on the Amazon App, more details below. Australians can join Prime for only $6.99 a month, or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com.au/prime.
- The Amazon App - Download the Amazon app (Android / Apple) to keep an eye on deals. Customers can go to “Today’s Deals” and then “Upcoming” to see all the Prime deals before they go live. If a customer is interested in a deal, they can “Watch this Deal” to keep track of the deals they want to make the most of when the sale has officially started for that item.
- The types of deals – With thousands of items for sale throughout the day it makes sense to understand the types of deals available.
- Lightning Deals are promotions that appear for a limited time only and are while stocks last, so customers need to be quick to snap them up. Lightning Deals across all categories will be found on Amazon.com.au/primeday, and are available until either the promotion period for the deal expires or all the available promotional discounts are claimed.
- Customers will be limited to one purchase per Lightning Deal, to ensure as many people as possible can enjoy the great savings available.
- Spotlight Deals feature deep discounts on popular products and appear live throughout Prime day or while stocks last.
- Waitlist - If a lightning deal sells out there is the option to click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page to receive a notification if more stock is released.
So, what does Prime Membership entail?
Amazon reminds us all that "Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Over 100 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping, savings and entertainment on Prime Day.
"Prime members in Australia have access to free delivery on millions of local and international eligible items in as fast as two days, they have access to exclusive and award-winning Amazon Original series and other popular movies and TV shows with Prime Video, more than two million songs ad-free, over 1,000 e-books with Prime Reading, benefits for gamers with Twitch Prime, and more.
"New customers in Australia can try Prime at amazon.com.au/prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then join Prime for AU$6.99 a month, or save 30% with an annual membership at AU$59."