"It's ok to be a white goods seller" is a t-shirt Lauren Southern would never likely wear, but might one day grace Ruslan Kogan, whose eponymous retail empire has added a new bow to its quiver of technological sales triumph.
Indeed, as is Kogan's value-driven wont, the company proudly states that "Australians can now outfit their homes for less with Kogan.com’s brand new white goods and built-in home appliance range".
With some of the lowest prices in the market for these home essentials, Kogan naturally states it is "living up to its mission to make the most in-demand products more affordable".
Highlights from the range include:
- Freestanding dishwasher with a 4.5-star water rating, 14 place settings, anti-flood and anti-leak devices for $299.
- High-power 7.5kg front load washing machine with a four-star water rating and 16 different programs for $349.
- One of the most affordable refrigerators on the market, a 323L Bottom Mount Refrigerator available for $459, with all the essentials.
- An electric built-in oven with five cooking functions, chrome detailing and a huge 68 litre capacity for $199.
- A selection of gas and ceramic cooktops, from only $149.
In addition, we're told that "every item in the range comes with a two-year warranty".
The man who knows "y" is Sergiy Bobrovnychyy, Kogan.com's director of Exclusive Brands, who said: "We’re changing the landscape of the Australian white goods and home appliance market.
“For a long time, Aussies have been faced with limited options resulting in a lack of competitive tension and pricing. Our customers have been calling out for someone to disrupt this market and that’s exactly what we’re here to do.
"We’re committed to making the most in-demand products and services more affordable.
“Australians are more comfortable than ever shopping online. We’ve launched our initial range today and expect to be building our offering in the years to come.”
Whether any of these products have any kind of home automation smarts is unlikely at the price points, but who knows what marvels of technology Kogan will be able to add to the range in years to come, at the magically low price points Kogan is famous for?
Customers can purchase their Kogan white goods and built-in kitchen appliances today at Kogan.com, and no doubt the company hopes Aussies will flock to the new range to own them with pride.