First it was the A$1799 robot lawnmower from Pioneer Robotics, and now it’s a non-invasive glucose measurement device from Pioneer Dreamcare.
Dubbed the “Pioneer DreamCare Dr Glucose Non Invasive Measurement Device”, we’re told it is a “non-invasive glucose measurement system based on the method of metabolic heat conformation (MHC)".
The description continues, stating that it is: “Based on quantity of heat dissipation, blood flow rate of local tissue and degree of blood oxygen saturation".
Finally, the result is displayed via your smartphone.
The listed specs, benefits and features are as follows:
- A high level of automation makes taking a measurement and reading the value effortless.
- It takes 60 seconds.
- 88.4%, high accuracy vs Autolab 18 automatic biochemical analyzer blood glucose
- No blood sample is needed for a test which means completely pain-free use. No blood. Pain free.
- The product does not require a strip or other disposable for the testing process. No long-term costs.
Warranty and return policy
- 12 Months return To base Warranty
- 7 days refund policy
So, if you want to avoid a little prick in your finger on a regular basis, A$1499 is the price you need to pay until Apple figures out how to include similar functionality into its Apple Watch!