Seeking to grab the limelight from a crowded field of ultrabooks, 2-in-1s, 5-in-1s, laptops and even Macs, HP has gone in for the kill with its HP Spectre ‘world’s-thinnest’ laptop.
It’s all part of HP’s new ‘One Life’ campaign, promising ‘breakthrough computing solutions and stunning design’, with its thinnest and lightest notebooks, its Envy Range, EliteBook range and the new Elite X3 Windows 10 Mobile-powered smartphone, complete with Continuum technology and even a lap dock that promises to be more affordable than buying a smartphone and laptop separately.
HP says that ‘work and life’ are converging into ‘One Life,’ and that ‘there are no longer boundaries between the two.’
Indeed, HP explains that ‘workplaces are no longer confined spaces but anywhere with an Internet connection, and workstyles involve more collaboration than ever before.’
While millennials power today’s workforce, all workers want the ‘technology they use to fulfill both their business and personal requirements.’
Here is the FULL VIDEO of the launch event of HP’s 2016 Personal Systems business range in Macau - plenty more detail below, including a video interview.
Anneliese Olsen, GM and VP of HP’s Personal Systems Business in the APJ region said: Millennials want the device they use to be stylish and stunning, and which gives them the freedom to create and express their aspirations. If they use the device for work, they also want to be sure that it is secure enough and lets them collaborate effortlessly.
“At HP, we are constantly pushing the envelope in design, productivity, security and entertainment to build innovative products for ‘One Life’, so our customers get an enhanced computing experience whether for work or play.”
HP’s newly launched computers include:
HP Spectre - World's Thinnest Laptop
HP says that ‘not only is it beautifully crafted in a high gloss copper-accented CNC machined aluminium chassis, the HP Spectre is also the world’s thinnest laptop - as thin as a AAA battery – but with full performance and up to nine and a half hours of battery life.’
- CNC machined aluminum chassis as thin as an AAA-battery at just 10.4 mm
- Powerful Intel Core i5 and i7 processors deliver superior performance versus mobile processors often used in this class of device
- Superb entertainment experience with full HD 13.3” diagonal edge-to-edge display and Bang & Olufsen sound
HP EliteBook Folio
HP claims ‘the perfect combination of commercial-grade performance in a premium consumer notebook design.’
The thinnest and lightest business-class notebook HP has ever created at only 12.4 mm and under 1 kg, HP says its EliteBook Folio 'does not compromise on business-critical robustness, security and manageability.'
HP Elite x3 - Windows 10 Mobile Smartphone with Continuum and Lapdock
The first built-for-business mobile device running Windows 10 that 'revolutionises the mobile computing experience.'
HP says its HP Elite x3 'bridges phablet, laptop and desktop use cases from a single computing device while enabling users to run key productivity apps across these different experiences seamlessly.'
Rounding up HP’s new premium PC portfolio includes:
- The thinnest 14” business-class notebook2, the HP EliteBook 1040 G3
- The new HP EliteBook 800 G3 series – the next generation of HP’s best-selling business-class notebooks
- The Elite x2 1012, the first 2-in-1 tablet built for business which is just 8.1mm3 thin and has a built-in kickstand with 150 degrees of adjustability.
- The new generation HP ENVY with a 15.6” diagonal display and a sleek, metal design, 0.36 kg lighter than the previous generation, weighing from 1.93 kg4 and 17.95mm thin.
Now for more detail on HP’s Spectre, the ‘world’s thinnest laptop’ below - please read on!
Anneliese Olson, GM and VP of Personal Systems Business HP APJ said: “The HP Spectre is the thinnest notebook in the world, and unlike the majority of other super thin PCs on the market, this laptop doesn’t compromise power or features.
“A beautiful Full HD edge-to-edge display, Intel Core i processors coupled with Bang & Olufsen sound and a sexy and thin design, HP amazing engineers set a new standard with the all new Spectre.”
More detail on the HP Spectre below, but first, a video interview with HP’s Anneliese Olsen - article continues below, please read on!
HP Spectre: World’s Thinnest Laptop
HP says it ‘reimagined every element during the design of the HP Spectre to ensure the best user experience coupled with maximum performance.’
The result is a premium notebook PC that does not force users to compromise on style, function or performance with features such as:
- A carbon fibre bottom creates a thin profile that is both durable and lightweight, keeping the total weight of the notebook at just 1.11kg.
- High gloss copper accents reflect a hand-polished, jewellery-like finish and an innovative hidden piston hinge creates the illusion of a hinge-less design to offer an unmatched premium look-and-feel.
- An innovative hybrid battery split into two thinner pieces delivers the same wattage as a single battery for up to 9 and half hours of battery life while enabling the world’s thinnest laptop.
- Full HD IPS edge-to-edge display featuring Corning Gorilla delivers a superb viewing experience for editing photos, perfecting a presentation, or watching a movie.
- 6th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and a lightning fast PCIe SSD with storage up to 512 GB with up to 8 GB of memory for maximum performance.
- Integration of Intel hyperbaric cooling system keeps the machine running cool even with powerful processors in a small package.
- Stereo speakers by Bang & Olufsen with HP Audio Boost technology, a combination of hardware and software to give customers the depth they want.
- Three full function USB Type-CTM connectors, including two of which support ThunderboltTM, to provide a fast, versatile I/O connection.
Alex Zaharov-Reutt attended the launch of HP's new personal systems range in Macau as a guest of HP Inc.