Prices for the base tablet start from $1199. It includes a built-in smart card reader, removable SSD, and the HP Client Security Suite Gen3. The Hybrid tablet format has presentation mode, inking mode for taking notes (with optional Wacom Pen), tablet mode for data collection, and notebook mode.
Unlike most consumer tablets, it has a removable back cover and enterprise-class serviceability for the display panel, kickstand, and other key components, along with dedicated 24/7 commercial support. It is designed to last for the traditional enterprise 3- to 5-year life cycle, passing MIL-STD 810G testing for drops, dust, humidity, temperature changes and functional shock.
Michael Park, vice-president, and general manager, Mobility, Personal Systems, HP, said, “More than 60% of millennials work from more than one location and by 2020 they will be a majority of the workforce. They want sexy mobile devices that meet their on-the-go work styles and IT needs these devices to be manageable, serviceable and secure. Only HP is combining these amazing mobile form factors with the built-in security and vertical workflow capabilities with a lower total cost of ownership.”
- OS: Windows 10 Home or Pro (allows domain use).
- Processor: Base unit has 7th generation Core m3-7Y30 (up to i7-7Y75 with VPro).
- Screen: 12" diagonal 1920x1080, ultra-slim, LED-backlit touchscreen Gorilla Glass 4, 340 nit brightness.
- RAM/Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 and 128GB (option to 8/512 at order), microSD slot.
- Other: Wi-Fi AC dual band, MIMO; Wi-Di; Bluetooth 4.2; smart card reader.
- Camera: 5 MP FHD 1080p front-facing webcam with LED indicator and 8 MP FHD 1080p rear-facing webcam with flash LED.
- Audio: integrated DTS stereo speakers and dual microphone.
- Battery: 41Wh, up to 11 hours use, 45/65W USB-C charger (depends on processor), -045% in 30 minutes quick charge.
- Size/Weight: 30 x 21.38 x 0.91 cm x .85kg (tablet only) 1.46 cm thick with travel keyboard (1.2kg).
- Warranty: 1 year and HP Care Pack Services are optional extended service contracts.
- Options: Wacom Active Pen; Backlit Collaboration Keyboard (manages voice and conference calls, Skype for Business Keys), NFC, WWAN, X5 LTE SIM, M.2 SSD or larger SATA.
- Full specs here.
It comes with security features including
- Drive Encryption.
- HP Password Manager.
- HP Secure Erase.
- Absolute Persistence Module.
- Preboot Authentication.
- TPM 2.0.
- HP BIOSphere.
- HP Sure Start Gen3.
- HP Client Security Gen3.
- HP Management Integration Kit for Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager.
- LANDESK Management.
Also launched are a range of workflow accessories.
- HP Pro x2 Mobile Retail Solution ($1695 inc x2 tablet) can mobilise vertical workflows for healthcare, field, and retail workers. The integrated barcode scanner can be used to check prices, access inventory and CRM information on the go and then transition to the back-office to dock and connect to a display, mouse, and keyboard.
- HP Pro x2 612 G2 Rugged Case: ($86) features a 360-degree rotating hand strap, shoulder strap, stylus holder, optional port plugs and is compatible with the Pro x2’s keyboard.
- HP Elite USB-C Dock: ($208) can connect to multiple displays and devices while charging.
- HP USB-C Travel Hub: ($72) For mobile professionals who need access to additional peripheral ports while on-the-go, this delivers pass-through connectivity for displays and USB devices and charging while the device is being used – with one USB-C cable.
- HP Retail Case 12: ($1389 inc x2) is a portable solution for store associates to sell and conduct mobile transactions on the sales floor.
- Pro x2 travel keyboard ($249).
- Pro x2 Collaboration keyboard ($299).
- HP Pro active pen ($69).