Jumping onto the progression-style gameplay that has worked so well with its recent smash-hit ‘Looney Tunes Dash’ game, Zynga has taken ‘Words with Friends’ on tour to the next level - which should make the hundreds of millions of Words with Friends fans happy!
Zynga explains that ‘Words On Tour challenges players to solve word-based puzzles as they embark on a dynamic journey through some of the most exciting cities in the world’, and is available now, free (with in-app purchases) on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Google Play and also avaialble on Facebook.
The game is still a word-based puzzle game, but it now takes you to ‘exciting global locales’, including Tokyo, Cairo and London among others, with a twist where ‘players are rewarded for overcoming real-world travel woes, such as bad weather and roadblock hazards, on the way to their next destination.’
Words On Tour players can also travel the globe with their friends, as good travel buddies, ‘without ever leaving home by tracking friends’ travel progress and providing lives to keep the journey going.’
Jonathan Knight, VP of Games at Zynga said: “Over the past five years, Words With Friends has engaged hundreds of millions of players around the world by creating an organic, online word culture fuelled by player passion for word-play.
“As the first adjacent game for the Words With Friends franchise that features puzzles and progression gameplay, Words On Tour taps into our players’ love for smart competition while delivering the gameplay and features they’ve been asking for.
“From features like Word Puzzles to World of Words Maps to Roadblocks and Hazards, Words On Tour provides more ways for our players to engage in dynamic word-play and word-based puzzles than ever before.”
You play the game by connecting adjacent letters to form words by sliding your finger forwards, backwards … any way you can. You solve puzzles by finding hidden phrases, collecting stamps and tiles, and more.
You can discover special tiles that may either aid or hinder you on your journey. Naturally, you can play anytime and anywhere, online or offline on your mobile device or computer. And, of course, you can challenge your friends on leaderboards!
Here’s Zynga’s video trailer of the game in action.
The game features:
- World of Words Map: Travel along a map of wondrous destinations, including Paris, Tokyo, Cairo and San Francisco, to unlock levels and new word challenges.
- Word Puzzles: Hundreds of puzzles that change and evolve as you progress, including:
- Hidden Phrases: Find and make words on the game board to solve a phrase about the destination
- Catch the Bus: Find and make words to clear obstacles and navigate a path to reach the bus
- Collection: Find and make words to collect passport stamps and tiles
- With Friends: Progress alongside friends, see where your friends are and what destinations they’ve unlocked. Help other players continue their journey by providing them lives to extend their gameplay.
- Roadblocks and Hazards: Overcome real-world travel obstacles, such as bad weather and roadblocks, to solve puzzles and reach your destination.
- Travel Trivia: Discover fun facts about the famous landmarks around the world.
- Dynamic Levels: Hundreds of levels personalised for your skill level.
So, take Zynga’s word for it - play this game and you’ll go places!