The actual statement is “Over the past three weeks, we’ve had more players online in Destiny than we did during the same span for Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, combined.”
One could point out that both Halo releases were exclusive to one console platform - the Xbox 360, whilst Destiny has assaulted multiple platforms and is online focussed.
So, take the following as it stands, if you feel impressed, embrace that feeling.
Yesterday marked the one month anniversary of the launch of Destiny. Hard to believe. It feels like so much more time has passed, given the battles that have raged and the adventures that have ensued. Check out the achievements you've logged as a community:
* Destiny averages 3.2 million players each and every day!
* Average playtime is still right around 3 hours a day, even on weekdays, one month after launch.
* The average player plays Destiny 1.8 times a day.
* The average player has played Destiny 20.9 times.
* Over the past three weeks, we’ve had more players online in Destiny than we did during the same span for Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, combined.
Pioneering something new is never easy. When we see the raw numbers, it’s easy for us to say that the destination was worth the journey. Stay tuned for the next evolution of our shared adventure.