Crashing onto PS3, Xbox 360 and PC at some stage (no specific release date or even season has been announced), the following information fell onto the desk from Capcom this morning.
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: May 28, 2008: Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the development of Street Fighter IV, the next iteration of the genre-establishing fighting game series, for the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows-based PC.
Few videogame series have had such a strong impact on their perspective genres the way Street Fighter has over the decades. Creating a global legacy spanning over twenty years of fighting games, the Street Fighter series has become a pillar in the fighting videogame genre. Street Fighter IV for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 system, and Windows-based PC continues this tradition of excellence with a return to the classic 2D Street Fighter fighting action mixed with new characters, amazing visuals, and next-generation fluid gameplay.
Street Fighter IV features a mix of returning favourites such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile along with new characters created for this game, such as Crimson Viper, Abel and El Fuerte. Characters and environments are rendered in stylised 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Six-button controls for the game return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the input system. Mixing classic genre-defining game mechanics the franchise is known and loved for with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over. With the inclusion of Capcom's latest advancements in new generation technology, Street Fighter IV promises to deliver an extraordinary experience that will re-introduce the world to the time-honoured art of virtual martial arts.
For more information, visit https://www.streetfighter.com
- Classic 2D Street Fighter gameplay with stunning 3D characters and environments
- New special moves that go beyond any Street Fighter fan's wildest imagination, including
- Focus attacks, Super Combos, and the revenged-fuelled Ultra Combo system.
- Classic Street Fighter characters recreated for a new generation of gamers, including the original cast of Street Fighter II
- New brawlers: female super-spy Crimson Viper, lucha libre wrestler El Fuerte, kick boxer Abel and more!
- Amazing locations never seen before in a Street Fighter game
- New gameplay elements provide new challenges for both newcomers and the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.