With such a 360 degree game to deal with, and not much in the way of action stopping moments, Australian rules football is one of the hardest sports to bring to the video game stadium.
Wicked Witch are having a crack however (Having previously developed AFL Wii) with the announcement of AFL Live 2 due for relase on September 12 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
According to the publisher Tru Blu Entertainment; AFL Live 2 is packed with original content, as well as new features and updates:
- Lead your AFL team to glory and win the Premiership flag!
- Tackle, bump, fend-off, sheppard, spoil and take massive speccies
- Unleash mighty torpedo goals from outside 50
- Single player, competitive and co-operative multiplayer and online mode
- Edit teams and create players in the Footy Factory
- Multiple camera angles and dynamic replays
- Expert commentary by Dennis Cometti and Tom Harley
- 15 year career mode with drafting, trading, finances, tribunal, training and more
- Over 60 teams from TAC Cup, VFL, AFL, as well as various bonus teams
- such as the Big V, Indigenous All-Stars and teams from the International Cup
- Over 200 realistically modeled AFL star players
- Realistic stadia in day, overcast, rain, night and twilight modes
- Rich team tactics and combinations to personalise your strategy!
- Detailed control over players and on-field maneuvering
- Unlockable features; including stadia and bonus teams
Nor is there any reference to how players might need to deal with drug scandals, public embarrassing gaffs made on breakfast radio by players or the ability to ensure only quality television ads are signed up to by a clubs representatives. Oh well there is always AFL Live 3 to look forward to.