Under the five-year agreement, which just in time for the "holiday rush,"' Optus will provide HOYTS with "a managed services platform built on the Evolve suite. Optus’ enhancements will improve connectivity and data security throughout the HOYTS network, including its 48 cinemas, regional offices and VMO’s thousands of digital signage assets."
John Paitaridis, MD of Optus Business said, “Optus’ customised digital enhancements allow HOYTS to leverage all that the Internet of Things has to offer.
“HOYTS now boasts modern, automated systems which improve the company’s productivity and the customer experience – from improving ticket transactions to the seamless management and distribution of digital content throughout their network.”
"After in depth consultation," the company said "Optus tailored a platform which allowed HOYTS to manage and have backup for its 2000+ end-to-end services. The new platform also ensures customers a faster, improved online ticketing experience."
Adam Wrightson, The HOYTS Group’s GM of Cinema Technology said; "Optus understood our unique business challenges and our need to implement secure solutions, while reducing overall cost – resulting in considerable cost savings and no disruption to our general day-to-day business.
“Some parts of our business have grown in excess of 100% between 2014 and 2017, and as we approach our busiest time of year , downtime is just not an option. We are confident Optus has prepared us to exceed the expectations of our customers, advertisers and employees, quickly and securely.”
Optus said its solution uses "a real-time, cloud-hosted platform which includes:"
- Evolve IP VPN to ensure seamless and secure connectivity across HOYTS’ multiple locations
- Evolve Internet and Voice to enable seamless communication and collaboration across the company
- Evolve WIP VPN Plus (mobile) to provide back-up connectivity solutions across all cinema venues
- Cisco’s Jasper Management Platform to help The HOYTS Group to manage the multiple assets running across its network as a collective portfolio
- Machine-to-Machine SIMs to allow The HOYTS Group to seamlessly manage and update digital signage and additional communications infrastructure.