Splunk is well-known for its log aggregation and searching, but has long demonstrated it can provide real business solutions across all departments.
Splunk's annual .conf event has kicked off in Washington DC, and the company took this opportunity to unveil new customer-centric pricing plans tailored to ensure organisations can extract maximum value from their Splunk investment, no matter where they are in their Splunk journey.
“Splunk is committed to offering value-based pricing tailored to the unique needs of our customers, whether they are just getting started or an existing customer expanding their use of Splunk,” said Doug Merritt, president and chief executive, Splunk. “The Splunk platform enables different lenses for viewing the same data, and the more our customers leverage Splunk, the more value they derive throughout their organizations. No matter where our customers are on their data journey, we have a pricing model or program to fit their needs.”
- Use-case specific solutions with tailored pricing metrics. User-based pricing is available for Splunk User Behaviour Analytics (UBA) and Splunk Insights for Ransomware to help customers derive full value from Splunk without worrying about the amount of data they ingest per day, month, or year. Splunk also launched Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring which gives small IT teams end-to-end cloud visibility starting at US$7500 per year
- Enterprise Adoption Agreements. Licensing arrangements provide budget certainty and lower pricing while enabling customers to answer more questions and gain synergies across their organisations. These term-licence based arrangements are tailored to individual customer needs and include unlimited usage options based upon use case, source-type, departmental usage, and/or enterprise size.
- Term License True-Up Program. Starting at 500GB per day, this programme gives organisations predictable costs that align with their budget cycle. Customers can grow usage over time and pay an annual true-up fee for any sustained usage over the previously purchased licence capacity.
- Special pricing for DNS/Netflow data. Now customers can ingest DNS/Netflow data, starting at 500GB/day at a 67% discount compared to Splunk Enterprise term licence pricing for other types of data sources.
Splunk's pricing announcements also include free items:
- Free personalised Dev/Test licences. Individual users at any organisation with a paid Splunk Enterprise license or Splunk Cloud subscription can request a personalised Dev/Test license to experiment with Splunk at no additional cost.
- Splunk Enterprise Free (for Docker). New users can receive a one-year licence for indexing volumes of up to 20GB of data per day. Splunk Enterprise Free (for Docker) unifies insights across container environments and the entire technology stack.
- Free Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud trials. Splunk offers a free Splunk Enterprise download of up to 500Mb per day for individual use. New customers can also qualify to receive a free Splunk Cloud trial to search, analyse and visualise up to 5GB of their own data for 15 days, or dive deep into Splunk’s functionality with pre-populated data sets.
The writer is attending Splunk .conf 2017 as a guest of the company.