The 30th Anniversary of the Internet Gala Dinner was successfully conducted last Thursday, the 31st of October 2019, with full videos of the event able to be seen here, and also embedded below.
There are more video interviews and other content to come, but Peter Coroneos, the event organiser and former CEO of the Internet Industry Association has written a letter of thanks to the many people involved in bringing the event to life, and for making the event a grand celebration.
To our sponsors, and in particular the following individuals and their respective teams:
- Simon Goff, Chris Cooper, Alex McIntosh and Matt Nguyen from Responsible Technology Australia
- Carl Braden and Andy Hettinger from Akamai
- Cori Drogemuller from Cisco
- Chris Hancock from AARnet
- Bevan Slattery and Nick Hack from Superloop
- Steve Manly and Sean Duca from Palo Alto Networks
- Alex Kesik and Jordan Ellis from NCrypt Cellular
Just one half of the room during the 30iGala celebratory dinner.
Peter's thanks continue:
To our additional gift sponsors, Andy Yang from RealMe and Admond Shlimon from SecureDrive Australasia.
To Professor Bob Kummerfeld, Piers Lauder and Ian Peter from Pegasus as representatives of a larger group of pioneers whom we remembered on the night.
To our panellists and Shamane Tan who did and excellent job moderating Kaaren Koomen, Michael Malone, Sandra Davey and Alastair MacGibbon.
To QuintessenceLabs and Andreas Baumhof for the Quantum computer prize draw (another article on that will follow) and to Con Kazacos and his team from Kaz Private for the use of the machine.
To my helpers Gina Pana, Angela Stephens, Kalyani Devi, Natasha Datos, Louise Hanna, Louise Brawn, Krish Guduru and Stephen Chey, thanks guys.
To our keynote speakers the Hon. Paul Fletcher MP Minister for Communications, Cyber Safety and the Arts, Michele Levine CEO Roy Morgan and David Spence for the Vote of Thanks and Toast to the Heroes.
To our official media partners ITWire and CommsWire (via Andrew Matler) My Security Media (Chris Cubbage) and the CyberWire.
To our guests who flocked from all corners of the nation to descend on Jones Bay for a night I hope will linger in their memories for some time to come.
To all the humans who make the internet what it is through their innovation, creativity, industry and passion.
And last, but not least to Alex Zaharov-Reutt for his sensational support from beginning to end, for the press coverage, the videos and for being sporting enough to sit on a stool in front of nearly 400 industry leaders as I wrapped tin foil around his head in a fun part of the show.
The Aussie internet is 30. Long live the internet.
Alex in his brainwave protecting Tin Foil Hat - see video 4 below for the details! :-)
Here are four videos from the 30th Anniversary of the Internet in Australia Gala Dinner:
1. 30iGala - Celebrating 30 years of the Internet in Australia Video 1 of 4
30iGala - Celebrating 30 years of the Internet in Australia Video 1 of 4, featuring an introduction by event organiser Peter Coroneos, followed by a speech from Australia's Federal Minister for Communications, Paul Fletcher, and a vote of thanks to the Minister by David Spence, Director and Chairman of PayPal Australia and the National Narrowband Network company.
2. 30iGala - Celebrating 30 years of the Internet in Australia Video 2 of 4, featuring a panel discussion:
30iGala - Celebrating 30 years of the Internet in Australia Video 2 of 4, featuring a panel discussion with:
- Alastair MacGibbon, the Former National Cyber Security Advisor, Former Head of the Australian Cyber Security Centre and Former Special Advisor to the Prime Minister on Cyber Security
- Michael Malone, Former founder & CEO of iiNet Limited, Chairman & Non Executive Director of various boards
- Kaaren Koomen AM, Director IBM Australia, Deputy Chair NSW Telco Authority
- Sandra Davey, Chair CHOICE and Managing Director of Product Space
- Hosted by Shamane Tan, Executive Advisor APAC for Privasec and author of Cyber Risk Leaders, a CISO handbook containing rich insights from 70+ CxOs across industries around the world
- With a vote of thanks to the panel by Sean Duca, VP, Regional Chief Security Officer APJ at Palo Alto Networks
3. 30iGala - Celebrating 30 years of the Internet in Australia Video 3 of 4, featuring Roy Morgan CEO Michele Levine:
4. 30iGala, 4 of 4 with Andreas Baumhof, VP Quantum at Quintessence Labs - Quantum Random Prize Draw!
30iGala, 4 of 4 with Andreas Baumhof, VP Quantum at Quintessence Labs - Quantum Random Prize Draw with Andreas Baumhof, the VP of Quantum at Quintessence Labs, used his technology to deliver a truly random prize draw with quantum random number generation, featuring a range of excellent prizes, including two flagship realme XT 64-megapixel Quad-Camera smartphones, delivered by Peter Coroneos and aided by Alex Zaharov-Reutt, who was also the test subject for a new type of brainwave protection as you'll see in the video above!