Venture financing was the leading category in the quarter with 37 deals accounting for 61.7% of all deals, according to the report from analyst firm GlobalData.
The second place category was Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) with 22 deals, followed by private equity with one transactions - respectively accounting for 36.7% and 1.7% of overall deal activity in the country’s technology industry during the quarter.
On the value of deals, GlobalData says M&A was the leading deal category in Australia’s technology industry with total deals worth $459.63m, followed by private equity deals totalling $288.77m.
The top five technology deals across the Australlian market accounted for 73.1% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
And the combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $546.75m, against the overall value of $748.4m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Uniti Wireless’ $364.98m acquisition of OptiComm
- The $60m venture financing of Canva by Blackbird Ventures, Bond Capital Management, Felicis Ventures, General Catalyst Partners and Sequoia China Fund
- IRESS’s $50.9m acquisition of OneVue Holdings
- The $40m venture financing of Go1 by Madrona Venture Group, M12, Our Innovation Fund, Salesforce Ventures and SEEK
- Global Growth Capital Advisors’ venture financing of Openpay for $30.86m.